New album talk: I heard that it was big but this... is really big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry you wasted your money, but no need to beat yourself up, hopefully it will pay off come tour time this spring.

Are you mad?? I did not waste my money at all. lol. I'm almost 35 now, waaayyy past my crazy fandom phase! I was just making a comment about the stupid hype behind so-called surprises from this band and their official website! Maybe it came off too strong. :wink:

People very high up in the tour circle have been told it has a general release date window of early spring 2014. This has also been confirmed by the same writer recently quoted about the surprise. a Spring runs from March 20 next year. The album is coming late March/early April. Of course If you want to keep deluding yourself otherwise that's cool too.

I forgot you take it very personal when it comes to the date of release.

I just hope this is no indication of the upcoming album.

Sounds like a karaoke of Chris Martin done while Bono was sick and the rest of the band were on vacation.

Wait--35 is old enough to be way past the crazy fandom phase?

Nah!

Dude, I'm pushing 40 and I'm still as balls-out nuts as I was at 13. :up:

lol. I'm definitely past my crazy phase. It was at its peak in the mid to late 90s. And I would say it even lasted a bit into the 2000s before being disappointed by the likes of ATYCLB and Bomb.

Btw, I love what you and Jeevey bring to this thread. You ladies are hilarious!

lol. I'm definitely past my crazy phase. It was at its peak in the mid to late 90s. And I would say it even lasted a bit into the 2000s before being disappointed by the likes of ATYCLB and Bomb.

Btw, I love what you and Jeevey bring to this thread. You ladies are hilarious!

God help the lot of you if we ever team up in person... :D

I just hope this is no indication of the upcoming album.

Sounds like a karaoke of Chris Martin done while Bono was sick and the rest of the band were on vacation.

I've listened to the clip a few times and this song is nothing more than a song for a Nelson Mandela movie.

It sounds ok but nothing special. Its not like something like Discotheque or Breathe or Lemon or Vertigo would be attached to a movie like this :wink:

I'm not even close to being the biggest optimist re: this band but this is ridiculous yet strangely very indicative of Interference (I can extend this to other U2 message boards, atu2 is experiencing a similar problem).

it's a people thing

God help the lot of you if we ever team up in person... :D

It will be epic, I'm sure. Are you an Aries, by any chance?

I forgot you take it very personal when it comes to the date of release.
I think that's because Principle management currently has the master copy stored in gvox's pants. The only important question to ask about this situation is if the record is in fact "good".

What little there is to hear of the new song I kind of like. For me, it is difficult to tell when a U2 album really has longevity. I tend to like most of what they put out right away and listen to it all the time for awhile or dislike a song or two. The test is if I'm still listening to it all or most of it a year later. If I am, then it is a good album for me. By good, I mean there are 5 or 6 songs I can just listen to most of the time and a song or two I like when the mood hits me. Sometimes the album can grow on me which is what I had hoped for the last album. Nope. Every U2 album since Unf. Fire I have liked beyond a year except Zooropa (like a song or two), POP (see Zooropa) and No Line, which other than Moment of Surrender and the title cut itself NLOTH I rarely even consider listening to. :shrug: I know many will disagree with MY personal taste. But that has been my personal experience with new U2 material. Sometimes songs will take off live in a new way also and that can effect my like of a song as well.

So I will not be able to render a decision on the new album until 2015!!!! :wink: I'm optimistic. :)

Yeah I really think there's alot to be optimistic about.

They know it better be gangbusters, and they aren't overhyping it (yet). I'm really hopeful this will be one of those albums that we'll be listening to well beyond 2015 ..:)

I think it sounds like it could be a good song.

Well said. I'm not going to pass any judgement until I actually hear the song, not an edited version to fit a movie trailer. I really like the part where the whole band comes in, that sounds like a pretty powerful chorus. This song will probably go the way of "Winter", where the band stick it on a soundtrack and never acknowledge it again.

I don't think it's possible for U2 to sound like Coldplay. It's like saying The Rolling Stones sound like The Black Crowes.

Clip sounds promising. Movie looks powerful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom