New album talk: I heard that it was big but this... is really big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chords for the entire snippet/song are 'nearly' the exact same chords for electrical storm.

This is the shittiest surprise ever from U2.com. No wait, the Tiesto remix was probably worse. But the point is, if anybody wasted 55 bucks on a new subscription just to listen to this pathetic excuse of a teaser, then they are the biggest fucking idiot on the planet.

Please circle the letter of the answer that best answers the question

U2.com's super special trailer-edit release of Ordinary Love sounds:
(a) raw
(b) ethereal
(c) soulful
(d) all of the above
(e) none of the above

It occurred to me today that U2 channel that Aslan cover they did some months ago with this new song, at least a little bit. I liked that cover, even though it took me some time to get into it. My biggest problem is that I'm not a fan of Bono's falsetto, never have been. In truth, I'm not a fan of anyone singing in a falsetto voice. I hope there isn't too much of that on the new album, because I really think Bono should use his lower register much much more. Bono seems to be in some sort of falsetto phase, I don't know. I can't judge the new song because it's too short and there's too much blah blah going on in that trailer, but these are my general thoughts based on the falsetto bits I'm hearing. Not that I hate it, it's just not my cup of tea. I want him to sing in a more masculine voice.

Well, they did let us know the song was there. If they didn't it would have taken a couple of days for someone in the fandom to have seen the trailer in the theater and passed the word. I imagine the single will be released when the movie is released on Nov. 29th, or shortly after.

I don't think it's U2 people are bitching about, it's U2.com staff that we are bitching about! It would have been amazing if they gave us the full song to show us some love.

Yeah but that's not really U2.coms fault either, is it? They said something special, everyone here automatically assumed they would be getting a new song or the R&H remaster completely free or what ever. What happens when you assume?

It's been a good strategy as popacrobat said yesterday. They created the hype in the fanbase with the email. Probably if the news just dropped in a press release, we would have been talking less. Think about it.
On the other side, with the trailer available out there, U2 is slowly back in the press today, and for music facts. What's better in preparing the way to the actual album?

That said, I'd like to hear it in full too. They could've announced a radio premiere for today or something, or making it available digitally. Was no part of the strategy for now.

David Bowie is kicking U2's ass big time in 2013.

I'm a fan of him and the 'Where Are We Now' move was totally new for me, if you talk about it as marketing plan. Got me very interested in him again till the TND release and after. But I don't think we ever see that with U2.

I'm a fan of him and the 'Where Are We Now' move was totally new for me, if you talk about it as marketing plan. Got me very interested in him again till the TND release and after. But I don't think we ever see that with U2.

Exactly what i'm talking about.

Bowie's marketing strategy includes delivering excellent songs and videos totally out of the blue.

U2's strategy... well, we saw what happened.

This is the shittiest surprise ever from U2.com. No wait, the Tiesto remix was probably worse. But the point is, if anybody wasted 55 bucks on a new subscription just to listen to this pathetic excuse of a teaser, then they are the biggest fucking idiot on the planet.

I'm sorry you wasted your money, but no need to beat yourself up, hopefully it will pay off come tour time this spring.

David Bowie is kicking U2's ass big time in 2013.

People very high up in the tour circle have been told it has a general release date window of early spring 2014. This has also been confirmed by the same writer recently quoted about the surprise. a
Spring runs from March 20 next year. The album is coming late March/early April.

Of course If you want to keep deluding yourself otherwise that's cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom