New album talk: I heard that it was big but this... is really big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, and I repeat if, those 75 seconds are indicative for the rest of the song, it's even worse than I thought it would be.

Regardless of what you think of the song, it's kind of lame that U2.com hyped this as a "special gift" when all they really did is post the trailer a few minutes before the rest of the world got it. :(

Today FM is currently playing 'For What its Worth' by Buffalo Springfield. New music from them is more likely than U2 these days.

However the short snippet of the song does seem promising. Danger Mouse does seem to get great stuff out of the bands he works with. Plus his organ/keyboard playing is exceptional.

Today FM is currently playing 'For What its Worth' by Buffalo Springfield. New music from them is more likely than U2 these days. However the short snippet of the song does seem promising. Danger Mouse does seem to get great stuff out of the bands he works with. Plus his organ/keyboard playing is exceptional.
stay tuned

Here's my (very optimistic) theory on this: it's more or less a Bono solo track, that U2 did some last-minute dabbling on. It's only a clip, but the keyboard is way too prominent (that surely can't be Edge playing it), Adam is almost non-existent in the mix, I'm not even sure that's Larry drumming. Maybe Bono desperately wanted to contribute a song to the movie, and he and DM cooked something up with minimal involvement from the other three. Well, that's the story I'm sticking with until I hear otherwise :D

Well thats a ridiculous stretch of imagination completely unsupported by any fact or precedent! :lol:

Here's my (very optimistic) theory on this: it's more or less a Bono solo track, that U2 did some last-minute dabbling on. It's only a clip, but the keyboard is way too prominent (that surely can't be Edge playing it), Adam is almost non-existent in the mix, I'm not even sure that's Larry drumming.

Perhaps Adam is playing the keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom