New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald must surely rank as one of the oddest couples in literary history. Best friends briefly and later acrimonious rivals, they were two of their generation's pre-eminent writers, their mutual achievements obscured by the potent legends that accrued around their names.

Hemingway, whose hard, clean prose helped reinvent 20th-century English, is too often remembered for his posturing as an adventurer and macho man, while Fitzgerald, the author of ''The Great Gatsby,'' a signal work in American literary history, is frequently shrugged off as a social historian of the 1920's, a Jazz Age playboy who allowed alcohol and self-indulgence to dissipate his charm.

Discuss.

bono-funny-picture.jpg

This is looking good. Great to see the band hanging out as a whole. Things are about to get started.
They were only in New York for less than two weeks. I'm guessing it was applying the finishing touches!

I really like that whole chapter.

Was that the metaphysical King's Cross Station in book 7? If only the whole series could have been written as well as the last one. :doh:

Your location is a Harry Potter quote, no?
There. Put that title in italics and English nerds have no reason to quibble.

Someone tweeted whole band as at Jay-z gig in Dublin
Yay, maybe they don't hate each other yet! I didn't catch which other fan sites were supposedly discussing that though. Somewhere even more anxious than here? Where could that be? BTW, Bono is totally tour ready, if anyone missed it over the last couple of days. http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f195/more-2013-misc-new-u2-pics-215760-45.html#post7712411 New necklace, new shades, new security guard, new swagger.... I'd say we're in countdown mode.

Was that the metaphysical King's Cross Station in book 7? If only the whole series could have been written as well as the last one. :doh:

Yes, it was. :) I love the whole series, at least from Prisoner of Azkaban onwards. But maybe that's just because I grew up on it.

Regarding the nominal topic of discussion here, I'm not sure what to think of the news that U2 are back in Dublin. It doesn't seem like they'd make a week-and-a-half trip to New York to work on the album if they were in the middle of recording it, does it?

Regarding the nominal topic of discussion here, I'm not sure what to think of the news that U2 are back in Dublin. It doesn't seem like they'd make a week-and-a-half trip to New York to work on the album if they were in the middle of recording it, does it?

It means the album has been almost done for quite awhile, and they are going to release it next spring. :)

It means the album has been almost done for quite awhile, and they are going to release it next spring. :)

Dallas did tell a fan nearly a week ago that the album didn't have a release date but was "pretty much ready to go".
I'm thinking that we are (finally) going to start getting some song titles soon.

First Usher, now Jay-Z? Gosh, I'm afraid we'll get a hip hop album :panic:

I guess it's still better than having Chris Martin on the album

Yes, it was. :) I love the whole series, at least from Prisoner of Azkaban onwards. But maybe that's just because I grew up on it.

To be clear, I love them too-- as stories. JK Rowling is a great storyteller. As a writer, not so much.

The whole band is in Dublin.

:happydance:

who cares what any of us lot think - we know nothing! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom