New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked about the new album, Adam said "We're still at it, we're nearly finished and album should be out very early next year" :hyper: That may very well be FEBRUARY like Larry said...

About how it sounds, he added "It's a bit of a return of U2 of old with the maturity of the U2 from the past 10 years a it's a nice combination hybrid"

Adam confirmed they have 12 NEW SONGS and intend to have them finished by the end of November and enjoy Christmas. :drool:

GREAT NEWS FOLKS !

Wow! Great news!

U2 of old Im thinking of boy/war more than Joshua Tree honestly. But maybe thats just me hoping so.

If they actually do call it 12 reasons to exist I'm sure they are doing all they can to make sure all 12 rock.

Well if this is trying to recapture the U2 of old,then we can say "Adios of trying to come up with a fresh sound".

:down:

Seriously, why bother speculating on vague descriptions? Even coming from a band member, it doesn't actually tell you what the music is going to sound like.

2wtw.jpg

By "U2 of old" he means before the last 10 years. Why? Because he then says the last 10 years' "maturity (lol)" will inform the "olden" sound.

So basically he just said that U2 is making a new album that sounds both new and old.

Some day I hope there is a a journalist with their wits about them when U2 members give these vague descriptions. "Old U2....War? JT? AB?"

U2 of old with the maturity of the last ten years basically sounds like code for, "It's awesome and you're really gonna like it." Which I can accept without a problem, or expecting that the comment is actually very representative of the sound.

Seriously, why bother speculating on vague descriptions? Even coming from a band member, it doesn't actually tell you what the music is going to sound like.

U2 of old (1979-1997)

+

"Mature U2" (2000-2009)

Hmmm basically U2 then.

This isn't even a "vague description".

This is nothing.

I'd have to say NO.

So when it's March/early spring, will you somehow gloat and feel superior? The same source that was told album March was told recently (do the math when and where) that it had been revised to the following month.

I'm not sure if you've been around long enough but not so long ago some guy's "sources" (a laugh if there ever was one, I mean it was all just tongue in cheek wink wink nudge nudge right guyz?1?) were telling him and reporting that the album would be out by year end. Whoops! lol

As it is, people that need to know because it directly impacts what they do for a living have been told the album is coming out in spring 2014. Tour in May. And it looks like Adam is giving a bit of confirmation of that also. Life is good. :)

Well, to me it sounds they record another classic sounding u2 album, with again 11 or 12 songs. Even another promise to release it 'soon'. Nothing new here, exept the dropping of the words mixing classic u2 with material of the last 10 years... Well, they hardly had two records... I thought they were busy with something fresh and discovering new sounds!!! 'm really disappointed with Adams words!

This must be parody.

Asked about the new album, Adam said "We're still at it, we're nearly finished and album should be out very early next year" :hyper: That may very well be FEBRUARY like Larry said...

Not to belabor it, as we've discussed it may very well come earlier than expected, but the exact quote is not quite "very early next year":

(Interviewer mentions Bono revealing very little about the album on Letterman, and asks if Adam can tell us anything more)

Adam:

"Ah..ah, I probably don't know that much more than him, other than we're still at it, um, we hope to have it finished very very soon, and..and it will be out, ohh sometime early next year."

And the 12 songs quote is:

"We're in the studio, we're trying to get these 12 songs absolutely right and finished by the end of November"

Mind you, that fucking 12th song will probably only be released on the New Zealand pressings, or some shit, so we can all be angry about that when the time comes. :lol:

Great news! I'm also thinking U2 of the early 80s but I think there will be still some electronic stuff as well. As long as they are great songs I don't care.

I hope we don't have to wait long for the next album after that. They need to release quicker this decade.

It will be out early next year, as Adam said...there's been no "delay", and it's not a matter of it coming out later or earlier than anyone thought, because there's never been an announcement on a date that could be "delayed" (or pushed up for that matter). Adam is in as much position to know as anyone, and more so than just about everyone. It will happen when it happens, and according to U2's bass player, it won't be long now. To quote Gandalf, "A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to."

As for an exact date, I guess if you just keep throwing months out there...March, April, sometime in Spring, etc., eventually you're going to hit the right one. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. :lol::lmao:

I think new U2 with immaturity would be them totally gunning for top 40, like a duet with will.i.am and Usher and featuring Miley Cyrus.

I want a new single in the same vein as two hearts beat as one. Upbeat, driving, soaring Bono vocals without too many lyrics bashed into the verses. Belt away bono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom