New album talk - Album coming SOON to a galaxy near you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice that in the latest interview Bono said "they just want to make great music" like if it was up to him, the album would be out sooner. But still kind of defending them. Later he said "we" and "us".

Bono's activism pisses me off... I'm tired of his speeches, even his way of talking, and his "frequenting"...
I much prefer him looking sullen and only making music with his real pals!

"frequenting"?

make an effort nesquick :tsk:

This is just what U2 wants...fans bickering among themselves about every scrap of information, who are so worked up in desperation for some kind of new music from the band that they turn on each other...and when it finally does come out, every note and chord will be lapped up like it as the return of Mozart.

When a man is in the desert and is thirsty, he will crawl towards a mirage. And then he'll drink the sand.

Everything is proceeding according to Bono's plan.

I asked to see if you knew what you were talking about.

I owe you a big apology for being such a stupid dolt and having such a horrible sense of humour last night. :reject:

I made a major, perhaps unforgivable blunder: when you said A minor, I got majors and minors (chords, as you correctly note) mixed up with flats and sharps (or, notes that Larry could have been playing with one finger on the keys). :doh:

It was pointed out to me by another musician to whom it was abundantly clear that I had made that mixup. It's kindof funny that such a trained and knowledgable musician such as yourself didn't pick up on that, through "deductive reasoning" it's pretty obvious that if Larry was in fact just one-finger plunking, then he couldn't possibly have been playing chords. Conclusion? Gvox must be talking notes, not chords. Silly me. I recalled that there is an Aminor chord that Edge plays, and just winged it off the top of my head that Larry was probably playing something similar. :tsk:

So I went back and watched a video of that wretched song, stifling the rising vomit in my throat at having to do so again :rolleyes:. Turns out Larry is playing notes, but not chords. To these ears it sounds something like C-G-E-F...and nope, nothing even remotely approaching A, Aminor, Aflat, nope. I was horribly wrong. :sad:

But that never really was the point, was it? You weren't trying to say that Larry actually does know something about music, just not A minor chords, you were trying to say that he's some sort of cretin who wouldn't know a simple musical element such as an Aminor chord (outside of hitting things) from a hole in the ground and that he's been the one holding the band back. :scratch:

And of course, my reply was certainly not that Larry is a virtuoso capable of leading the band in melody just because he played a couple of notes on Yahweh live, either, was it? Joking or not, that's not what I was saying, and you pretty much know that. What's funny is that in that your rush to prove me wrong on The Big A Minor Point, thus fully exposing my utter stupidity and dragging up the old argument, your clearly superior knowledge of All Things Musical didn't quickly pick up on what was pretty obvious to another fellow musician: that I had gaffed and mixed up chords with notes. :slant:

Also funny is that although you claim to have such superior knowledge of their music, you don't know the subject material (the Yahweh live performance) well enough to be able to simply say "yo, there's no chords played by Larry there, maybe you're thinking individual notes"...but then of course, that would perhaps lead to you conceding that while Larry probably doesn't know an Aminor chord from a hole in the ground, at least he does know the notes C, G, E and F from a hole in the ground. You didn't even put in the minute to go watch in on Youtube and tell me I'd better watch that again. At which point I would have done so, and all this could have been avoided. :shrug:

Oh well. I guess it was worth pointing out how horribly stupid my humour is. Sorry for claiming off the top of my head that Larry played an Aminor chord on a keyboard with one finger. I was wrong. :)

Actually been longer, i underestimated. The latest I can recall off the top of my head was War tour..maybe even UF? Definitely not Joshua Tree tour I don't think. Various songs.

At a show in Hartford during Joshua Tree Tour Bono was especially drunk this evening and Adam actually intro'd a song.... they were partying at a club called Brown Thompsons before the show.... it might have been around Bono's birthday I think. :hmm:

At a show in Hartford during Joshua Tree Tour Bono was especially drunk this evening and Adam actually intro'd a song.... they were partying at a club called Brown Thompsons before the show.... it might have been around Bono's birthday I think. :hmm:

Ok you've given a ton of clues here. I have to look this up. A certain someone is about to have his mind blown open again when I send this to him. I hope there's video :pray:

:up:

I don't think it's a certainty that we won't hear anything music-related on Letterman. The first guest on these shows gets two segments. Usually the first segment is just shooting the breeze, and the other segment is talking about what they're working on at the moment. I can't imagine spending two whole segments on nothing but his activism. Plus, it's the day after the "anniversary" of U2, which Letterman may bring up, which may in turn lead to a brief discussion about what the band is up to. :shrug:

It's kindof an old meme, actually.

Apologies to chork if she wasn't up on that one. Definitely didn't mean that her 180-something posts means a single darn thing good or bad (probably more good than bad, tho, that she has managed to be here so many years and exercise such posting restraint! :wink: ), really.

None required.

We're cool. :rockon:

Yada, yada. Where's the Bono/Beyonce tour going? :hyper:

All the solo Bono's, all the solo Bono's

Bono puts his hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up, he's doing his own little thing
Decided to dip and now you wanna trip
'Cause another band noticed him...

Status
Not open for further replies.