New album talk - Album coming SOON to a galaxy near you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll know more or nothing on thursday night. Let's see what happens...

But I have to admit that Bono showing up by himself is really odd and I sincerely doubt that he will mention anything about the band, otherwise he would be with Edge, Larry or Adam.

He won't say jack shit about "the new album" (quotes to indicate my doubts that it even exists at this stage) but he'll charm the proverbial knickers off all and sundry and we'll all come on here Friday morning and squee like 14-year-old girls at a One Direction "concert" (quotes to indicate my doubts that those even exist in the true sense of the word).

:lol: How true. For such a short time here, you know this place well. :)

^ That was actually today :)

And I don't think that Bono being at Letterman alone is strange or unusual, he's been to many talk shows by himself. I don't think, however, that he's there to announce anything about U2's new album, though there might be some questions coming up about that.

Seems Bono is on a campaigning trip in NYC this week with a lot of public appearances. As far as I remember, that's quite normal for the month of September, he's been doing this regularly in recent years. He'll be at the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park this Saturday.

So I wouldn't expect anything substantial in relation to a U2 release for the Letterman appearance. On the other hand I also don't think that we will hear anything about U2 retiring.

^ That was actually today :)

And I don't think that Bono being at Letterman alone is strange or unusual, he's been to many talk shows by himself. I don't think, however, that he's there to announce anything about U2's new album, though there might be some questions coming up about that.

Seems Bono is on a campaigning trip in NYC this week with a lot of public appearances. As far as I remember, that's quite normal for the month of September, he's been doing this regularly in recent years. He'll be at the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park this Saturday.

So I wouldn't expect anything substantial in relation to a U2 release for the Letterman appearance. On the other hand I also don't think that we will hear anything about U2 retiring.

The UN General Assembly is meeting, so he's probably lobbying world leaders this week.

You were doing great at dispelling the stereotype up till this point - on what facts do we base this assumption that Larry fucks up all Bono's ideas, or is even the Voice of Negativity in the studio? You've swung too far the other way here.

Zero.

It conveniently gets left aside that Adam joined Larry when it came to vetoing Bomb's early (Chris Thomas) sessions, and that both of them initially didn't get on board with AB. Likewise there is zero evidence Edge has ditched the creative side of U2 and that it's now Bono vs the other three.

As for the "other album" (if there is no SOA, and they only really announced DM mid tour, is there a mythical third album?), there were very much plans.

Back in the USA: U2's Victory Lap | Music News | Rolling Stone

in particular --

Even as it embarked on the biggest tour ever, the band was trying to record a new album, and Bono and the Edge were also trying to save their troubled Spider-Man Broadway musical. "Our drug of choice in this band is doing really difficult things," says Bono. Longtime manager Paul McGuinness puts it more simply: "The expression is to bite off more than you can chew," he says. Bono acknowledges that a new U2 album probably got snagged in the web. "But we don't tell Larry and Adam that," he says with a laugh. "It's not like songwriting has stopped. We're crushing tunes every day."

It wasn't until early this year that the group abandoned the idea of getting an album out before the end of the tour, after working on separate sets of songs with Lady Gaga producer RedOne and Danger Mouse. "We had to have a meeting and look at the schedule to see if we could pick up any extra time to work on it," says Adam Clayton, "and we just realized that we couldn't. To be honest, everyone was a bit gutted. But it was the only sensible decision."

U2 working on new album

"It's not so much recording as editing and polishing up lyrics and trying to getting it done by the date it needs to be delivered to the record company for release in May. It's sounding great: lots of hits."

Which coincides with that wrapping up comment about Mouse from Cee Lo back in January 2011.

NewU2Album.jpg

When asked about the upcoming new U2 album Bono enthusiastically said "It's going to be ggrrrrreat!" and that the band were lost in the music and that these songs are reasons, as many on the album, to exist.

You have 179 180 posts!11!1!

That is so fake. Fuck outta here with that fake shit. Like U2 would REALLLLLY call their next album "Our New Album"?? :tsk:

...so I lurk. Then move to Poplemon. Then move overseas. Then move back. Then re-lurk. Then start posting again for the first time in nearly a decade. You wanna make something of it? Wanna take this outside? Let's go, bizzatch! :lol:

...so I lurk. Then move to Poplemon. Then move overseas. Then move back. Then re-lurk. Then start posting again for the first time in nearly a decade. You wanna make something of it? Wanna take this outside? Let's go, bizzatch! :lol:

How can you ever win with your 183 posts vs his 14,735?? :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom