New album talk - Album coming SOON to a galaxy near you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to set the record straight ; I'm not a Bono hating troll people. Don't take this seriously. :wink: U2 is my favorite band. I'm a bit pissed that Bono seems to be everywhere but in the studio finishing the album. We're all desperate to hear it !

I have on very good authority (first via a pal in Dublin who's in the band circle and today via a label rep I know for a friend in common) that the album is gonna be called Hideout. This double check of different sources is pretty much an answer that what I tell you is legit. The guys are planning everything (visually, marketing-wise, etc.) for a hot pre-Christmas release. Unlike the other guy who posted here, I'm not so sure about the last week of November. I've just been told that it's a Christmas release. The label rep added that a previous U2 album we can refer as a comparison is Pop, but it's at the same time totally different from that. I got it's all focused on the songs rather than the style. Great, great songs. Relevant songs. Forget Achtung.
You heard the story here first, folks.

:lol::lol: Alan Cross - A Journal of Musical Things - A Brief U2 Leak? Maybe. Or?Not.

I never said I didn't like it :D On the other hand, I love MIAMI with it's "Beastie Boys Sabotage" gritty guitar riff, I also like "WILD HONEY" and "A MAN AND A WOMAN" :wink:

And you gotta love PLAYBOY MANSION !

I like all of those songs too. I hate Bomb, but really like A Man and a Woman. Wild Honey is one of my favourites from All That.

I also really like Grace. And New York. And When I Look at the World.

Elevation and Walk On are the equivalent of aural abortions that have been revived with a bit of the ol' zombie virus though. They banged and Bomb was born. Then Brad Pitt decided enough was enough and took it upon himself to free the world of zombies. U2 have not had a hit since.

I was listening to The Good the bad and the queen and think that the new U2 album is going to have that kind of low end. The rhythm section is going to sound really good if this ever comes out. I hope that Bono takes a back seat to the music this time around. His voice and lyrics are no longer strong enough to be the focal point.

I like all of those songs too. I hate Bomb, but really like A Man and a Woman. Wild Honey is one of my favourites from All That.

I also really like Grace. And New York. And When I Look at the World.

Elevation and Walk On are the equivalent of aural abortions that have been revived with a bit of the ol' zombie virus though. They banged and Bomb was born. Then Brad Pitt decided enough was enough and took it upon himself to free the world of zombies. U2 have not had a hit since.

I was listening to The Good the bad and the queen and think that the new U2 album is going to have that kind of low end. The rhythm section is going to sound really good if this ever comes out. I hope that Bono takes a back seat to the music this time around. His voice and lyrics are no longer strong enough to be the focal point.

I tend to agree with you on Bono's lyrics but his voice is very strong and can still hit the high notes when he's in vocal shape, which is amazing for a 53 year old. He's one of the few that didn't lose his voice to Booze and drugs like so many. Even Mick Jagger at 70 still has his youthful whine for christ's sake ! This man is NOT human to still look so cool and sound so young :hmm: He's the Hugh Hefner of Rock

Miami is the only song I'm not very fond of on Pop, but listen to the Popmart Leeds version and tell me you didn't get goosebumps. And if you don't get goosebumps, then check your pulse. If you didn't get goosebumps and have a pulse, then you obviously have no soul. ;)

And if you don't get goosebumps, then check your pulse. If you didn't get goosebumps and have a pulse, then you obviously have no soul.

Artwork-Grey-Alien_photo_medium.jpg

Soul?

Miami is the only song I'm not very fond of on Pop, but listen to the Popmart Leeds version and tell me you didn't get goosebumps. And if you don't get goosebumps, then check your pulse. If you didn't get goosebumps and have a pulse, then you obviously have no soul. ;)

:yes:

Miami is excellent on the album too. I like it more than all the tracks of ATYCLB and HTDAAB combined.

Miami is fucking cool and razor sharp with its offbeat drums and chilling background synth.

Stuff like Miami, Mofo and Velvet Dress are from another planet where U2 used to live.

Miami is excellent on the album too. I like it more than all the tracks of ATYCLB and HTDAAB combined.

Miami is fucking cool and razor sharp with its offbeat drums and chilling background synth.

Stuff like Miami, Mofo and Velvet Dress are from another planet where U2 used to live.

I miss that planet. :sad:

Exactly ! Those 3 songs fit so well with the style of POP. I really wonder what they're after this time in terms of sound and style...

Nowadays, the trend in the music industry is to write songs (featuring other artists) ; Coldplay w/Rhianna, Will.i.am w/jagger, Lopez...

I hope this rumour about Chris Martin on the new album is NOT true ! Heck, I'd rather see U2 do a song with MACKLEMORE, it would be more interesting !

Popmart Leeds version of anything should give everybody goosebumps. One of the best U2 bootlegs out there. They have never sounded so heavy. :rockon:

Popmart Leeds version of anything should give everybody goosebumps. One of the best U2 bootlegs out there. They have never sounded so heavy. :rockon:

Not only were they on another planet, they were pissed off that night! :drool:

Just want to set the record straight ; I'm not a Bono hating troll people. Don't take this seriously. :wink: U2 is my favorite band. I'm a bit pissed that Bono seems to be everywhere but in the studio finishing the album. We're all desperate to hear it !

Far be it from me to be the one to defend Boner but I will...

Bono has been, for quite some time now, the one guy in this band eager to get new music out to his fans. I think he's on our side more than the others in that regard. If Bono had gotten his way, we'd all have been listening to 'Songs of Ascent' for a good while now.

Part of me thinks he avoids the studio (if he does) for his own sanity. I can't imagine being a highly creative person and trying to appease those guys. But especially since Edge has seemingly joined up with the Crew Cuts.

All subject to change, but I don't think so. Bono was talking about SOA publicly when Adam was talking about being a long way from it. Bono seemed excited about the simplicity of busking in the streets. Next thing you know, all they are talking about is "perfect pop songs". Bono assumes the mantle of spokesperson for the U2 Democracy. What they collectively decided to do. That doesn't mean he's doing exactly what he wanted to do.

As a musician, songwriter and general creative person myself, I can imagine it's frustrating for him to have to concede a lot of that artistic end. And that has been my impression over the years. And so at that point, if they are going to do the BIG superhuge U2 thing (of which, I am sure Bono doesn't mind one bit) then it might as well be 10-11 tracks that require no argument at all within the room. So it takes a while.

Bono said it himself "three weeks is all it should take", and he's right. The best songs just arrive (One, for one). You shouldn't have to toil on them for months and months, and if you are, they probably aren't that great to begin with (Stand Up Comedy, we're all looking at you). And if the songs aren't arriving, believe me, it doesn't do any good to lock yourself up in the studio. But especially if nearly every idea you come up with is met with incredulity by the drummer that likely doesn't know an A-minor from a hole in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom