new album (single) tidbit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
just read this over at the log

French fan site U2achtung.com report that Bono told the Nice-Matin newspaper U2 will release a new single the first week of February 2004.

February? So long...

When did they put up the mini snippets of ATYCLB songs on U2.com? About how many months before the release?

I could go for hearing even 15 seconds of these new songs...

The album will definately come out in March. The single will preceed it's release, in February. The single will be released in December or January to the radio/video. The promotional tour will start (tv shows, radio shows, even the dreaded MTV appearance), and tickets will go on sale in February/March for the tour, beginning in May.

*Prays to be right*

:confused:

I thought the album will come out in May 2004?

February single does imply a March release though.

U2Girl, album May of 2004?? No, no TOUR, May of 2004!! Album on March 2, 2004.....I'm sure of it. Big single released to radio in late January and on CD single first week of February. How do I know? I don't!!

Reggie: wouldn't tour in May be early if album comes out in March?

I mean, ATYCLB came out in October and tour didn't start until end of March next year...

I have a wonderful idea - why doesn't U2 just hold a concert right now for all of us desperate fans who may just die without one, and fly us to it? Now THAT would be good. Not going to happen in a million years, but it's nice to dream out loud ...

Why does U2 have to wait half ayear after the album to start the tour?? I think if the album is released early March, tickets could go on sale in February even. These are arenas, they'll sell them out. Some of the slower markets (there aren't many...my native Columbus was one on the last tour) could be put at the end of the tour, so they have more time to reach sellout status. Most of their arena shows went on sale the first day/week. The whole tour was pretty much sold out before it began. They should have no problem selling out concerts if the album's release is in March and the tour is in May.

C'mon people look at past histories...War, March 83, tour December '82. UF, October 84, tour August '84. Joshua Tree, March '87, tour April '87. Pop, March '97, tour April '97. U2 will most likely finish the album in October of this year, and begin rehearsals in Jan/Feb. That gives them enough time to work out new material and produce a setlist that represents where they are at this time.

Single: Jan '04
Album: March '04
Tour: April/May '04

Put that in the bank....but don't expect any interest!!!

I just thought I'd bump this topic... news straight from the band.

provided they're still on schedule (a point of debate) then maybe things are on track for a Feb. single.

Arggh! Why oh why must there not be a later release? I think I was the only person hoping for one - since I'm going to be in a country for 6 months where U2 has never played live! I'm leaving in March, too! Talk about the worst possible timing ever! :mad: :sad:

dont worry griffs, it will be a late aug/early sept release with a tour starting in october

just in time for you to get back ;)

Back
Top Bottom