New album news!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliEnvy

Refugee
Got this from a friend who works at Barnes & Noble....it's in their ordering system...

...a single for Bulldozer - release date tentative but right now it's showing for February 11th 2003. The description said "The first single to the grammy winning album's followup, due out some time in April."

YESSSSSSS!!!!!! :dance: :D :up: :heart: :bono: :adam: :larry: :edge:

This means a fall 2003 tour!!!!!!!!!

This is great news....alot of people in this forum have speculated about an early 2003 release.

though new material is awesome, i dont believe this to be the case. or rather, a new album to be coming out anytime soon.

i firmly believe that u2 would NOT release a new album that soon after releasing a best of.

that said, i bet bulldozer will be the second new song on the best of, and it will be a single. everyone has SPECULATED that hands of america will be the other song on the album, but it has never been confirmed. at least not to my knowledge.

again, im guesing a new album next year, but "bulldozer" will be the second single from the best of.

just my guess, it makes most sense to me that way.

thanks for sharing!

I'd be really surprised if they released a new album so soon after the Best Of, or if they toured in 2003...but I would LOVE to be wrong about this!

*fills out application at Barnes and Noble*:D

SHIT.

zoomerang is actually making some sense here...

I doubt Hands will be on the best of...

This is great news if its true... I remember U2 talking about this song,, could someone post links to those threads please??:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

wertsie said:
I'd be really surprised if they released a new album so soon after the Best Of, or if they toured in 2003...but I would LOVE to be wrong about this!

Yeah, the same here. I don't think they are going to release the album, not to say about a tour in 2003, I think is not time enough for them, anyway! It would be great for us!! :wink:

*crosses fingers and wishes to be wrong* :D

I doubt a new album will come out that soon, because there hasn't been nearly enough recording rumours -- as far as I can remember, the only recording rumours I've heard were the Best Of ones in Dublin (the one where the Pop remixes rumour began), and the one from last fall about them playing in an old house in.. France, I believe. Between the Elevation tour, the Best Of singles and such, plus just taking time off to get a rest, I don't think there has been time. But all the same, thanks a LOT for posting this, and if it's true, I can't wait for it to come out :D

Bulldozer was a leftover from the "Behind" sessions. Many people speculated that this song turned into Elevation. However, a fan before a Elevation show asked Larry if this was the case and he said, "nope, different songs". Propoganda had Bulldozer listed twice as a song. (on the infamous songboard-along with elevation, and each member was asked the question-what is your favorite new song title or something like that-and Larry responded with Bulldozer. This song was also rumoured to be in the new James Bond soundtrack. It does make sense that this could be track 2 and "Hands" becomes a b-side for a single. (if the barnes and Noble rumour is true)

One more thing.....U2 could potentially release a new album sooner than later because Adam has said that they had a lot of material left over from "Behind" sessions that only needed a little touching up.

I agree with Swan, because U2 did spend some time in the studio this past summer, from at least May to the middle of June. And most likely this studio time went longer because we had reports this past month that Bono and the boys were seen in the studio.

They also spent various time in a French studio, so they might be down to remixing and vocals......you never know. Who was really expecting Zooropa?

Maybe this is a stripped down Rock album......I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!! :yes:

I, too, am somewhat skeptical of a new album in April. But getting a new single would be great! I've wanted to hear Bulldozer for a long time.

Although if Bulldozer is not on the Best Of, that gives a lot more credence to the new album rumor...

I also think they should wait until 2004 to tour... not only because they need rest, but because if they tour in the fall of 2003 that means I have to plan my concert going around school and that's no good.
Not that I don't want them to tour asap.
Anyway.
As for having a lot of material left over from ATYCLB, if they do use it on the next album I hope that doesn't mean it will sound like ATYCLB. While I love that album, I'm ready for something completely different.

Kristie said:
I also think they should wait until 2004 to tour... not only because they need rest, but because if they tour in the fall of 2003 that means I have to plan my concert going around school and that's no good.
Not that I don't want them to tour asap.
Anyway.
As for having a lot of material left over from ATYCLB, if they do use it on the next album I hope that doesn't mean it will sound like ATYCLB. While I love that album, I'm ready for something completely different.

:up: I completely agree with everything you just said.

When it was first mentioned that they might tour next fall, I thought, "No! I'll still be in school!" Of course, I would skip class in a minute to see them!

With ATYCLB, Beautiful Day and Elevation sound so different to the rest of the album, that it makes me wonder if they have a bunch of similar-sounding songs left over. Electrical Storm is in a similar vein and would have sounded good coming in right after B.Day on the album. Bring on the rock!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

i became a fan in '99, when popmart had long-gone, so the elevation tour was to be my first U2 gig, but unfortunately, i was on holiday during the time they came to Manchester. ill take any dates they tour - im not gonna miss U2 again :rant:

I remember reading that Lanois said that they had put a lot of work into some "rock" songs that were supposed to make the album but were left off at the last minute...........

Zoomerang96 said:

i firmly believe that u2 would NOT release a new album that soon after releasing a best of.

that said, i bet bulldozer will be the second new song on the best of, and it will be a single. everyone has SPECULATED that hands of america will be the other song on the album, but it has never been confirmed. at least not to my knowledge.

again, im guesing a new album next year, but "bulldozer" will be the second single from the best of.

From what I've ascertained "The Hands That Built America" is a completely different project to the next "Best Of" and will be released on "The Gangs of New York" sound track.

However, observing the past, it could also appear on a new future album, the same way "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" first appeared on the "Million Dollar Hotel" sound track, then later found its way onto "All That You Can't Leave Behind" (in some regions like UK and Australia).

The Gangs of New York is due for this Christmans.This surely means that it would be accompanied by a Soundtrack release.Its now a mere formality that THTBA would be the lead single off that soundtarck (by the way things have been going this project, you never know).So going by with this new rumor we will have 3 new U2 songs in the next 4-5 months.

My take is that THTBA would be the second single from Best Of and would be a co-single from Gangs Of New York OST.

"Its all happening now"- Bill Lawery

Bulldozer? Singles? new movie for Christmas(daniel day-lewis?)

That is a lot of very good news , a very enjoyable read. Thanks.
I sure hope U2 release a song called Bulldozer...tempted but I won't...tell ya the story.
but Bulldozer?:laugh: :heart: :bono: :larry: :adam: :edge: :up:

**cass faints but remembers to cross her fingers first**
2003/04 U2 in Oz? hmmmmm won't get too excited:dance:

typo apologies

Last edited:
Well when they cancelled the summer tour earlier this year one of the statements/excuses was that the band are bringing out a new album early next year and it made more sense to do a summer european tour to promote the album... so we could be in for a new release sooner than you think

Last edited:
Well is the Hands that.... on the Gangs of New York soundtrack or the Best of?

I think that considering they have leftovers from ATYCLB (which have already been worked on right after the tour ended), we could see a new album in late 2003 and then tour in 2004.

:shrug:

Swan269 said:
I remember reading that Lanois said that they had put a lot of work into some "rock" songs that were supposed to make the album but were left off at the last minute...........

Cool.:cool: Perhaps we are in for U2's third masterpiece!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom