New album news!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would bet my life that there is no new album coming out in early 2003.

I predict a March 2004 release of the next studio album

Honestly, take a look at the source of this entire thread. A newbie (no offense :) ) Who heard this from a 2nd hand source. AND that 2nd hand source is an employee at a book store?????? Please! (literally, not musically ;) ) Has ANYONE else that doesnt have over a 1 to 50 post history have any coroboration of this evidence? If this is indeed on this database it would seem that all retail stores would be able to order it and a respected and reliable member of Interference somewhere would have access to it. So I'am about 99% sure this is BS or a misunderstanding of what someone said.

If this data base thing is confirmed somehow. Another thing to remember is that there was a pre order listing for Discothecque back in September of 1996, it was suppose to be released around that time but as we know was pushed back 5 months to January 1997 because the album was not ready.

I'am not saying it is impossible for a new album next spring, I just think it is VERY unlikely. The earliest we are going to see a new album is fall of 2003 and it may even be later than that.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
I'am not saying it is impossible for a new album next spring, I just think it is VERY unlikely. The earliest we are going to see a new album is fall of 2003 and it may even be later than that.

:yes: But it's always fun to speculate, isn't it?

Blue Room said:
Honestly, take a look at the source of this entire thread. A newbie (no offense :) ) Who heard this from a 2nd hand source. AND that 2nd hand source is an employee at a book store?????? Please! (literally, not musically ;) ) Has ANYONE else that doesnt have over a 1 to 50 post history have any coroboration of this evidence? If this is indeed on this database it would seem that all retail stores would be able to order it and a respected and reliable member of Interference somewhere would have access to it. So I'am about 99% sure this is BS or a misunderstanding of what someone said.

If this data base thing is confirmed somehow. Another thing to remember is that there was a pre order listing for Discothecque back in September of 1996, it was suppose to be released around that time but as we know was pushed back 5 months to January 1997 because the album was not ready.

For your information check this other thread

http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63608

I found your comment mean and elitist, AliEnvy is only sharing a piece of information with all of us, I think no one but you have the perverse idea that she was creating a bogus, everyone can believe or not if the information is a rumour or not, but disqualify a fellow interferencer, just based on his number of posts, or any other "meassure" that maybe makes you feel like an elite member of a fraternity is very ofensive. I sugest you that if you are making comments like this about fellow intereferencers without really knowing them, you better PM or ask someone else.

Last edited:
rafmed said:

For your information check this other thread

http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63608

I found your comment mean and elitist, AliEnvy is only sharing a piece of information with all of us, I think no one but you have the perverse idea that she was creating a bogus, everyone can believe or not if the information is a rumour or not, but disqualify a fellow interferencer, just based on his number of posts, or any other "meassure" that maybe makes you feel like an elite member of a fraternity is very ofensive. I sugest you that if you are making comments like this about fellow intereferencers without really knowing them, you better PM or ask someone else.

Relax Ramfed, if you look at my post you will notice the smiley face after the newbie remark, it was said in jest and if you read my post rather than going off you will see that I said it was either BS (from the person who told her this) "OR" a misunderstanding. I LOVE it when someone calls me an elitist for stating the obvious and joking around LOL !!!!!! Why is it people have to feel like peoples personal defender?? I have been around here long enough that people know I'am not the son of a bitch you are trying to portray me as.

If AliEnvy has a problem with what I said she should post but I think I have explained myself thoroughly here even though I dont need to explain myself to YOU Ramfed.

Last edited:
* MoFo * said:
u mean like determining whose a newbie and whose not by their post-count?

LOL What????? I'am not even quite sure what you mean.

My post was to point out that we had one 2nd hand source that indicated a new single may be coming out and that Discotheque was suppose to be released way before it was also and shows up in a similiar database.

So explain your post to me.

Man, have things become this uptight around here? What is the deal?

Blue Room said:
I feel NO shame, sorry

It was a JOKE!

Well it doesn't appear that people found it funny. Neither did I. The smilie face was a poor attempt to downplay a series of insulting comments, not just to me personally, but to anyone who in your opinion hasn't posted often enough to be worthy of your respect.

If you think it's BS fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't slam me as unreliable because I have fewer than 50 posts. Raf is right, it's elitist and offensive. I may not post very often, but many people here know me well, some of them among the top 50 posters.

Fine, this place has become so uptight and people have such a thin skin now it is ridiculous.

If you people are offended by my post then you have WAY more problems than my post.

Ramfed, YES, the smilies DO make it better!!!!! :) :) :)

AliEnvy, if you look back at my post you will see that I said it wasnt impossible for what you were saying to be true, just unlikely. Maybe I shouldnt have said BS, but I also said it could have been a misunderstanding. I'am not going to apologize though for the newbie joke. It was a joke, I dont care if ANY of you didnt think it was funny. Its obvious you are not a newbie by when you joined AND I put a smiley after it to show I was joking.

Honestly, lighten up people

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom