New Album Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Using just the vague details we know about what will be the 2004 album of the year, or just pure imagination and creativity, list what album titles u think would suit the new album....

What would satidfy you and what would make you shudder?

I just like XanaX as a title for an album, for me its got a sweet ring to it and is u2ey.

Or maybe, by doing a 'rattle and hum' and using a lyric from a previous album, i like the sound of

"don't piss on the train"

"Burning Star"

"every book has been read"

"god's glue"

"shuffle"

mine are kinda lame, but i cant help thinking bout the new album

"boom cha"

the guessing game drives me mad.
so i'll play.

i'm betting my money on "Hanover"
If it's based on a lyric, it'll be "Rather Go Blind"
If it's the same as one of the song titles we've heard, then i hope it's "Origin of the Species"

i'd rather it wasn't called "Solar," or "The Ordinary Land" which are the two rumored titles we've heard of.

where'd you hear The Ordinary Land?

If its based on a song title that we've heard, I wouldnt mind Full metal jacket, which was the provisional title of Native Son, supposeadly "the mother of all rock and roll songs".

I like Sonic..... but then I always think of a little blue hedgehog.

The reason Rattle and Hum is titled from a song from a prior album (same with UABRS) is because they are albums that document the live performances of those previous albums.

I just hope it's a title that doesn't suck, if they decide to just make it easy and call it Hanover. Then fucking great. Solar, also would be fine with me.

As long as it's not The Ordinary World, my lord that is horrible.
I think that came from an article published a good while back. Virtual no chance of it happening, I would guess.

Last edited:
Hanover Quay

kinda like Achtung Baby. Hopefully the new album is just as good if not better than AB

OK, what do I think? Well, I'm going to throw together some of the suggestions and ... the title will be Ordinary Hanover Dragon.

There is as much chance of it being called 'Hanover Quay' as there is it being called 'Kid B'. Fuck All. :rolleyes:

Tizer said:
There is as much chance of it being called 'Hanover Quay' as there is it being called 'Kid B'. Fuck All. :rolleyes:
Tizer, calm down there! You're going to have an ulcer, haha. The name was only a guess.

By the way, a few months after I'd made that guess, there was a rumour reported by U2log.com that the band had been tossng around that name, so I think there's more chance of it being called Hanover Quay (or simply Hanover) than Kid B. It would make sense, because this is the last album they're recording in that studio before it gets demolished, whereas I see no complelling reason to call it Kid B (unless it turns out to be a strange cousin of the Passengers album, but that would be pushing it ;) ).

I always liked the name "Plateau" I thought that was a neat sounding name.

No, no, no!!! Plateau would signify a stagnation of sorts for the band. Edge said in the Unforgettable Fire documentary that they don't want to stop climbing, and that the summit of Mt. Everest would be an awefully depressing place! Now I know a "plateau" isn't the peak or summit of a place, but it isn't the most exciting part, either! (By the way, I do like the sound of your title.)

If this truly is a "punk rock made on Venus" type of album, the following title would be very apt:

Eve

This would not only tie into the feminine connotation brought on by the Biblical tie in (and we know Bono loves Biblical tie-ins), but it would also reference his daughter, someone who plays somewhat of a role on this album... I'd think. Eve could also denote a new time period of the band (as on "the eve of their next phase"), and signify new beginnings.

U2: Eve

Coming Spring, 2004

Last edited:
While daydreaming, I came up with Grandeur. (Then we can have fun hearing radio DJs try to pronounce it correctly. :wink: )

-The Mighty Generator
-RockMuzik(that's kinda shitty)
-Resistance
-Beachball
-Above All Of Them
-Velocity
..but solar could pass,i guess

Here is the article from the log concerning Ordinary Land

March 8, 2003

A friend of mine met Bono in a new york restaurant called ?Caf? des artistes? a week ago. He is such a fan and had the courage of waiting him outside to be with him. Bono was leaving the place with unknow friends and almost running to a car outside. But tell my friend that this record has a provisory title called ?the ordinary land? and the band needs 4 new songs to complete it. He said that the band has been listening old bands such as The Who or The sex Pistols but also the new records of new bands such as coldplay. The last track the band has been working is inspired by coldplay?s Clocks, said Bono.. with a combination of a ?metal piano? (played by BOno, which is strange, i think..) with the ?edge?s mad guitar?? Lyrics are inspired by the Aids campaign. ?

vonb | 04:18 AM | permalink | TB (0)

Back
Top Bottom