New album mentioned in new Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just read this on U2log.com:

?The record is so good that it won?t even matter that people are sick of us.?
?Bono

The June 10th issue of Rolling Stone (with D12 on the cover) has a small blurb about U2?s forthcoming album that contains one bit of interesting information. Bono tells the mag that one song on the new album is titled ?Tough.? The song, which is about Bono?s father who died in 2001, is likely the song earlier thought to be titled ?Sometimes You Can?t Make It On Your Own.?

?Full Metal Jacket,? a song fans have been hearing about for a long time, is also mentioned in the short article, which also features a photo of the band from the Lisbon photo shoot.

:hyper: Can't wait!!

it would have been funnier if bono said, "this album's so good, you'll slap yo momma!"

ZigZag said:
I really hope that "Tough" isn't like a "Everybody Hurts" type of song.

"everybody's tough.........sometimes....."

i kind of like the sound of that!

I just read the Rolling Stone blurb as well - it is just nice to see that there is a mention of the new album. I agree if bono is strating to brag and now the news that the boys are out partying in France and taking carriage rides (ahh to be one of those girls:drool: ) in the middle of the night the new album must be wrapping up and all four to them must be pleased
love
Chrissi - who is still mentally fixated on the idea of being in a carriage with Bono and Larry

StlElevation said:
those quotes are old though, just put into a rolling stones article now...
:yes: that and Edge is sick of seeing him shaking hands with dodgey politicians...It's a few good soundbites in one little article.

Still...definitely a good sign. :D

Full metal Jacket turned into Native Son...."as reported by ignoreland"...unless the band changed there mind (which they do! :) ) the article seems to be old stuff. But good to see it there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom