New Album Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I got this from the Mirror.

Bono has been urged to slow down before he burns out. U2 want to make another album just days after finishing their world tour but pals fear for the lead singer's health and say he needs a break. The star, who is currently in Chicago, has already written 10 songs for a new record which will be released next year.

But pals fear that their exhausting tour, recording and promotional schedule will soon take a toll on the lead singer.

A source close to the band said: "Bono is the kind of guy who will work, work, work. He doesn't switch off from music.

"They will have a few days off when the tour wraps up in LA in November -- then they want to go back in the studio.

"But there are concerns that Bono is working too hard in what has been the hardest year of his and the band's life.

"With his father passing away and the physical and emotional stress of a year-long world tour something's got to give."

But guitarist The Edge says they are determined to go straight back into the recording studio.

He added: "I think we'll definitely take at least a weekend off at the end of tour before we start working on new songs. It's been a hard year.

"But we've already written songs and we're already hungry to make a new album."

So do we let Bono take a break or do we let him back into the studio?

[This message has been edited by Swan269 (edited 10-17-2001).]

yeah, that's a tough one...
i mean, of course i'd love to see (and hear!!!) new album as soon as possible, but on the other hand; bono really needs to take a break, doesn't he?
still, getting a new U2 album next year, mmm...that would fulfill my dreams, truly.

Originally posted by Swan269:
But guitarist The Edge says they are determined to go straight back into the recording studio.

He added: "I think we'll definitely take at least a weekend off at the end of tour before we start working on new songs. It's been a hard year.
a whole weekend !?!?!?!?

bunch of slackers

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I heard they took off about 6 weeks after Popmart, so I'd say it would be similar this time around, if not a bit less. The "weekend" thing is obviously just a joke.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I can wait six more weeks for the album to come out. Those boys work themselves too hard! I mean not that I don't want a new album, it's just that I would like Bono to beable to tour again..... I hope they do take soem tiem to relax.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

As much as I want a new album... I think its important for all of them to take some times off and rest up, espcially Bono!

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

They already have most of the album written. They had 10 songs from the ATYCLB sessions that they indicated were good enough to make the album. The new album will most likely be alot of those songs and a few new ones they have written this past year. It wont be as intense of a recording process as a result. Bono will be fine if he didnt feel he was able to do it he wouldnt and I bet you will see them tour Europe this summer in support of the new album.

It doesn't sound like a WHOLE lot of work will be necessary in making this album. If most of the songs are already written, it's just a matter of going into a studio and recording them, which given U2's talent can be done in a couple of days. If they really want to take a break, then maybe record it over Christmas, take four months off, release the album in May and tour Europe and maybe Japan/Australia in the summer. Whole thing is wrapped up by the end of August.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

I think we will get a new U2 album out in 2002. They have enough material left from ATYCLB, so it's not like making up all the songs for the new album. Plus, it would go well together with the possible tour in 2002-so they can play both ATYCLB and the new albums's songs.

I say let the band do what they want to do and if they are inspired to make music right after the tour is over go for it. The way their recording sessions work is that most of the time they arent working that hard anyways they are given a lot of time to make the album and they take that time to come up with the ideas we all hear on the CD. The time in the studio is much easier on the body then touring is that is for sure, plus they are able to take breaks when they get tired. But I fully expect to see another U2 album out by summer or fall of next year and I cant wait for it cause I think it will be fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom