New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy ...

Do you have inside sources or just giving out some logic? Also are you on the side believing album before or around April, or do you believe sometime around June. Thanks.

Source. And I can't comment on what I've recently heard which is not what I wanted to hear, thats for sure. But Im holding on to the (however thin) shred of belief that we'll get the album in April and be lining up to see them play this summer. But...drunk or not..Bono may have been telling it like it really is, after all...

Source. And I can't comment on what I've recently heard which is not what I wanted to hear, thats for sure. But Im holding on to the (however thin) shred of belief that we'll get the album in April and be lining up to see them play this summer. But...drunk or not..Bono may have been telling it like it really is, after all...

well, it is his band, he should know...

New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy ...

Well I wouldn't go that far, but I do believe what he did is against at least the rules of this forum.

Many people do similar stuff on YouTube. They're idiots.

Well I wouldn't go that far, but I do believe what he did is against at least the rules of this forum.

Many people do similar stuff on YouTube. They're idiots.

Probably a bit extreme, but it is obtaining hits under false pretences, luring people to view their crappy music by lying and pretending to be something else. It must be so satisfying sitting at the computer screen watching the hit counter going up - I myself would find it hard to convince myself that it has anything to do with my own talent, but hey, different strokes...

From the U2.com newsletter:

it's all starting to kick off! Here's a round-up..

sounds rather promising. It doesn't sound like: The band is doing another song that is not related to the album and is then going to dive off to finish their album which will be out sometime between June 2014 or March 2015.

That would be an extremely stupid move by band and management, because things have really been starting to kick off now and they've had the tension built up. Throwing out a song only for (RED) with no album connection IMO isn't exactly the thing that will have people talking about U2 in non-album times.

On the other hand, IF the album should really come out in June (very possible if you ask me) we might still get a late summer/fall tour in arenas. All the media reports and rumours have been pointing towards a 2014 tour and everyone seems so convinced we'll be getting the album in spring, it's listed everywhere, even TBA. I still don't want to accept it isn't happening :grumpy:

Invisible and the response - or lack of same - to it is going to be pivotal in what transpires over the next year, is my understatement prediction of the century.

They would plan their Album / Tour actions based on feedback to Invisible?

Where did they lose their balls through the years ...

If it's like that we won't see the album in this decade

Invisible and the response - or lack of same - to it is going to be pivotal in what transpires over the next year, is my understatement prediction of the century.

Oookay. You couch this as a "prediction" but said in your prior post that you have a source, so at minimum you are making this prediction with more information than the rest of us have. I take your prediction to mean it's possible that they would scrap/re-vamp their entire work with Danger Mouse based on Invisible feedback? Maybe even drop him? Those would be dark days indeed.

BTW, don't interpret any of above as busting your balls - I'm just curious what you mean by the comment. Thanks for any insight you can give!

I never thought I would ever write the following sentence, but I wish they would do it like Beyonce did. Just put the album out without any announcement and let it roll or get the fuck out.

:up: I stated in a previous thread that even though I loathe her, that was a ballsy move. U2 should have sat up and taken notice. I'm betting they did. They're usually at the forefront of new ideas/technology. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we get Invisible as the lead single AND the (RED) song. With an album release forthcoming. And I'd love to know where the "air time" for OL is, because it's not getting any attention here. Heck, if I wasn't a U2 fan, I wouldn't have known a damn thing about it! I haven't heard a (current) U2 song on the radio since back during the Vertigo days. They just don't "fit" in amongst the crap my 'top 40' station insists on playing which consists of Miley's wrecking ball every 1/2 hr, Gaga, and Beaver.

I hear U2 at least once a day on "classic rock" and then it's JT era or older.

If they went out and said "Yep, new song is "Invisible" and here's the album info." then it would wreck the hype they are trying to build for the Super Bowl commercial. We don't even have an album name yet. Just that one interview from forever ago where B said they were calling it "Ten Reasons To Exist" amongst themselves. Considering Mysterious Ways was originally named "Sick Puppy", I've learned to ignore most things that come from Bono's mouth as far as titles/names go. :lol:

Logic says we'll know plenty after the Super Bowl. If I was spending 4mil + on an ad spot, I'd want that info SECRET. Or else why bother?

And like a previous poster said, we've known about the Super Bowl for awhile now, and the Hangar clips only further proved our point. We're good at knowing things before the band announces them. Let's just sit back and watch. :corn:

In the meantime, start counting those pennies. You know as soon as we have album info, we'll have tour dates and ticket sales. :twocents:

So going on those comments can I make a wild leap and suggest that Invisible is either more of the same U2 sound and arrangement they've gone with on the last few albums in which case they're wondering can we get away with this again?

Or it's something radically different and they're testing the water?

Neither of which really make sense if the recent comments about the themes explored on the album and the point of view Bono is writing from as that to me suggested it was more about the album than a one off radio friendly single which they obviously still crave.

Ordinary Love already achieved more than all the No Line singles combined.
Granted, that isn't saying a whole lot

I have a hard time believing the U2 machinery can be made dependent on how 1 song is received. It seems near impossible and downright foolish to do so.

The marketing campaign seems to be set to start bombarding us come Super Bowl and then there is only 1 direction to go. Full steam ahead.

I believe the album is in the can. Done. Ready to go.
But they are holding off on releasing it and using Invisible as a tester, like the last few posts said.
If it takes off the album will be here shortly, with Invisible on it and a different launch single. If it doesn't, another couple of years wait....

Well, hopefully not THAT long, but you get the point.

Bono would never overshadow his own baby (RED),which is what would had happen if Invisible was also the lead single of the new album.

Oookay. You couch this as a "prediction" but said in your prior post that you have a source, so at minimum you are making this prediction with more information than the rest of us have. I take your prediction to mean it's possible that they would scrap/re-vamp their entire work with Danger Mouse based on Invisible feedback? Maybe even drop him? !

Like always, they will release the album, drop producers, scrap projects etc etc more based on how they personally feel and perceive their confidence in their own work, than anything. But it (big if) Invisible sounds like the album and vice versa...and Invisible doesn't elicit the response that they clearly would hope for...what will that do to their confidence about the rest of the material?

I mean, Invisible surely was not created and does not exist in a vacuum in relation to the new album. We could argue that for a few hundred pages about OL, but Invisible? Uh, no. It's definitely one of the tracks they are/were at least considering to be on the album.

(And yes, this is all just my opinion. Invisible may well sound nothing like the album and be for a completely different set of recording sessions, for all I know)

Like always, they will release the album, drop producers, scrap projects etc etc more based on how they personally feel and perceive their confidence in their own work, than anything. But it (big if) Invisible sounds like the album and vice versa...and Invisible doesn't elicit the response that they clearly would hope for...what will that do to their confidence about the rest of the material?

I mean, Invisible surely was not created and does not exist in a vacuum in relation to the new album. We could argue that for a few hundred pages about OL, but Invisible? Uh, no. It's definitely one of the tracks they are/were at least considering to be on the album.

Well the waiting game sucks, but I guess that's all we have. Can't wait to hear Invisible and see what happens on the Super Bowl commercial. February will definitely be an interesting month.

Why if it's "only" a song for (RED) and not an indicator of the new U2 sound and the album? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I read a transcript of the U2 press conference after the Globes somewhere yesterday and they were asked if Ordinary Love was an indication of what's to expect from the album, and Bono said "not really". Then Edge jumped in and started talking about "Invisible" and how it would be the first thing we would be hearing (if it's the first thing from the album or not is still open to interpretation).

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, when I clearly allow that OL may not be representative at all of what's on the next album. However, I don't think it's in any way a stretch to interpret Edges statement and what we know to mean that Invisible - whether it does end up being on the album or not - is fairly representative of the direction they are heading with the new album. No? Of course there's plenty of room to see it differently..

Why if it's "only" a song for (RED) and not an indicator of the new U2 sound and the album? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I read a transcript of the U2 press conference after the Globes somewhere yesterday and they were asked if Ordinary Love was an indication of what's to expect from the album, and Bono said "not really". Then Edge jumped in and started talking about "Invisible" and how it would be the first thing we would be hearing (if it's the first thing from the album or not is still open to interpretation).

Actually you are combining two interviews .. the one where Edge talks about Invisible and the secret "big thing" he cannot talk about is another one ..

The Interview where they are asked whether OL might be an indication what to expect on the new album .. Bono shakes his head NO - Then Edge goes on and tries to explain that due to writing Ordinary Love they had to put the album "on hold" but now they are excited to move on with it ...

you can go to 02:30 to watch that part

SuperPop Acces - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom