New album in the works while in NZ and Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if an album is coming out in May, they won't really incorporate it into the sets until the NA leg begins that month, outside of a lead single, they're going to venues they don't play often, they won't make most of the set unheard material and leak their own album so-to-speak to the rest of the world. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Yeah, i agree with this. I think the most we'll get is the lead single played in South America, but only if it's released to radio/stores by then (i assume it will be - a month before the album release sounds about accurate, right?).

All the areas before North America are areas they haven't played in ages, so i'd guess they'd play greatest hits in place of rarities or new songs in South Africa, South america etc, like they did in places like greece and turkey last year.

We certainly won't see a setlist that is changed much at all until they get to N.A, or possibly mexico. Once they get there, they'll have a new album out to promote, and will be 'revisiting' an area.

Therefore, i'm willing to bet we'll see no new surprises until may. But once they get to N.A, i'm sure we'll see an entire overhaul!

We still speak English in Washington State, so it's just plain old "bullshit." ;)

But I'm serious! I'm going to try to go into the show as fresh as I can be. And I don't just mean showering that morning!

We'll see how it goes. I've been doing well not being on this site so much every day already this year (my resolution!), but between this site and Facebook, I don't know how successful I'll be.

In '09, I gave up on being setlist-free pretty early, but managed to avoid hearing any audio or watching any videos. So I had that going for me.

This is what I'm thinking, too. I'm going to attempt to go spoiler-free prior to the Seattle show. I'm not sure how early I have to start. Should I start before the first South American shows this month? Can I wait another few months? Should I wait to see if/when the album comes out?

:panic:
The setlist parties beckon you, Cori...you cannot resist the power of the setlist parties...
:evil:

I actually can. ;)

I think what'll be hard is if they pull out big surprises or big setlist changes, that's when I'll probably have to hide people from my Facebook feed because half my friends will be posting videos and talking about it, and avoid coming here because there'll be 5 threads each concert about "OMG THEY PLAYED xxxxx!"

That would suck, because I'd hate to even try to stop coming here altogether. I'd probably have violent withdrawal symptoms. :lol:

Maybe U2 handed Danger Mouse two (more or less) completed 'albums' - in the sense of a group of similar songs (one rock and one 'weird') and said "do your Gray Album thing..." or whatever.
Tell me that wouldn't at least be interesting.

Picture some straight rocker like Breathe infused with some 'Fez-BB-like' weirdness back-beat, but with an additional twist.

Maybe U2 handed Danger Mouse two (more or less) completed 'albums' - in the sense of a group of similar songs (one rock and one 'weird') and said "do your Gray Album thing..." or whatever.
Tell me that wouldn't at least be interesting.

Picture some straight rocker like Breathe infused with some 'Fez-BB-like' weirdness back-beat, but with an additional twist.
*ahem*
DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT

That will be all.

Swiss Teletext (TV news pages) say today that U2 will have an album out early 2011!!!!
No clue how they know this.... but it might be true, those news are usually very reliable.
If yes :applaud:

They're grasping at the same straws that we do, just later? I don't see how you can see it as reliable when we've heard nothing. Tv channels don't know things before the internet does.

it's not a tv channel, it's the actual news, the real ones, not "people" news. they never ever talk about music, just politics and stockmarket!

Julian Ruiz, who is the most important music critic in Spain and has a personal relationship with many of the most important international acts (he doesn't like McGuinness but gets on very well with Bono and Edge) said on January the 3rd that we are waiting for a new U2 album in the few next months. I'm sure he knows much more than that, but he isn't going to tell anything before the band does.

Here is the link to the blog of his radio programme where he also wrote it if you want to see it, it is in Spanish but you can see it is a list of albums expected for this year, some have a release month, others don't, U2 doesn't have it.

http://www.plasticosydecibelios.es/albumes-2011-ano-dificil/

In October he also said the the next U2 album wasn't Songs Of Ascent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom