NEW ALBUM in 2006!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STERKERNOG

The Fly
I heard that Bono told Rolling Stone there will be a new album early 2006, containing "leftovers" from the HTDAAB sessions. Could this really happen?

Someone said Edge said on VH1 they will be working on a new album soon.

:shrug:

Don't forget were talking about U2's time table here.

2006=2010

So yeah, that sounds about right. :wink:

Yeah,they will record it in 2006,right after they perform The Refugee in a mirrorball lemon,followed by Acrobat on banjo.

This was posted over on the LiveJournal U2 community ...

From www.mtv.nl (the dutch MTV site)

-------
U2 DOET HET WEER
2 mei 2005- U2 komt al in de lente van 2006 met een nieuw album, meldt Bono in een interview met de Rollingstone. De plaat heeft 11 tracks die goed zijn maar niet pasten in ‘How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’. Begin jaren 90 deed de band hetzelfde trucje.
-------

Ok, the translation:

U2 DOES IT AGAIN
2 May 2005- U2 brings a new album out in the spring of 2006, so says Bono in an interview with Rollinstone. The album containes 11 racks who are good, but didn't fit in the style of ''How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb''. In the early 90's the band did the same trick.

U2 DOES IT AGAIN
2 May 2005- U2 brings a new album out in the spring of 2006, so says Bono in an interview with Rollinstone. The album containes 11 racks who are good, but didn't fit in the style of ''How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb''. In the early 90's the band did the same trick.

It's the U2 Holland fanclub that spread this news, guess they know what it is about

It'll do them good to get material out more regularly, IMO, shake them out of the "once every 3-5 year" routine;) I'm highly curious as to what it will sound like, it might be a lot more different to its two predecessors than people are expecting..

Actualy there are already 3 sources of this rumor... Bono AND Edge... and Steve Lilliwhite who said that there is alot of material and he knows what the band is planning/want to do, but he believes it wont happen...
I don't remember where he said it... U2.com maybe???

hmmm, some show on the third or 4th leg, they bust out Mercy out of nowhere, and announce a new album

that'd be a pretty sweet way to do it :wink:

Anyone remember that album that was supposed to be out by the end of 2002, capitalizing on the momentum of the elevation tour? Remember how it was totatally scrapped and released 2 years later as How to..?

I wouldn't dismiss it as impossible. At this point in the tour, I'd say there's about a 20% chance that is true. I think they could definitely release an album in 2007 though.

eeek. bono saying it sounds like nonsense, but edge... we have something on our hands here.

i don't know whether to be :hyper: or to be :huh:
oh the excitement.

that would be awesome but at the same time i dont want them to release a cd full of b sides, no matter how good everyone thinks mercy is...its not cut for radio. and that would put them one album closer to their 2 crap albums in a row. even though everyone here im sure would love it, inluding me.

mkdominatr said:
that would be awesome but at the same time i dont want them to release a cd full of b sides, no matter how good everyone thinks mercy is...its not cut for radio. and that would put them one album closer to their 2 crap albums in a row. even though everyone here im sure would love it, inluding me.

true, but who ever thought lemon was cut for radio?

I wouldnt let one song, in this case Mercy, determine that the record won't sell or get radio play. I mean, has anyone said how bad 'One Step Closer' would sound on radio? not really, cus theres a whole album of poppier material to do that particular job.

I personally think songs like Mercy keep U2 from being that juke box machine that they don't want to be. There's just enough difference in Mercy to see that there's new places they haven't been yet as a band. They can make some really obscure sounding songs if they want to. I say let'em.

I actually believe that they will do someting out of the norm following this tour. The band and the U2 camp as a whole have invested so much to get back into the public's eye and be back on top of their game that it would be odd to go back into hibernation as they usually do. Think about the promotions the band has done and how they've said how important it is nowadays to stay relevant and out there. Waiting 4 more years is not the way to do that, and whats the best way to keep the public wanting more U2? Clean up some already good/great songs and get one out there/ mini tour/ record next studio album while that holds em over.

All of the band members have pointed out in all different reviews, artivles, interviews that they still enjoy what they do and will continue on. One more point, I think they want to keep away from any sort of post Hall of Fame jynx/ omen that they are supposed to creep back into their cave, now that they have that status. I think its fair to believe a release sooner than usual could really happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom