New album hint at U2.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
This post's pretty pointless, but I thought I'd share anyway. If you goto U2.com's main page right now, there's a link to the old ATYCLB suitcase screensaver. It says "This screensaver will soon... be soooooo out of date"

I wonder if they're hinting about an upcoming new album announcement. :hmm:

Last edited:
I wonder if the weird squiggly lines that have appeared in the background of the site will be appearing in the album anywhere? :eyebrow:

i caught that too. then i crossed my fingers that the next time i visit that will be replaced with a brand-spankin-new one (or a shot of new cover or title or something)

The Sage said:
I wonder if the weird squiggly lines that have appeared in the background of the site will be appearing in the album anywhere? :eyebrow:

I doubt it... those squigly lines are part of the website design and have been there for as long as I can remember (from the latest incarnation of the site since ATYCLB was released).

nonon.jpg

:bow: :lol:

That is great way to get people's attention, that's for sure. Not that they didn't have mine in the first place. :)

What is truly funny about all of this is the idea that Propaganda is outdated and no longer useful in this age of high speed internet info. It seems to me that u2.com is more outdated than Propaganda itself. They should keep the mag and let those that rule the net (like this one :yes: ) take care of the net for us.

HelloAngel said:

I doubt it... those squigly lines are part of the website design and have been there for as long as I can remember (from the latest incarnation of the site since ATYCLB was released).

really?...I don't remember seeing them before... :reject:

Roland of Gilead said:
What is truly funny about all of this is the idea that Propaganda is outdated and no longer useful in this age of high speed internet info. It seems to me that u2.com is more outdated than Propaganda itself. They should keep the mag and let those that rule the net (like this one :yes: ) take care of the net for us.

I agree. I like magazines because sometimes they provide more detail or more pictures than what can be found on-line. Plus, it's fun to take a magazine and read it on the couch or bed (the same reason why people still like books). So having Propaganda, the magazine, is still a good thing (and like so many others, I'm still waiting for that "last" issue :D ).

U2.com serves its purpose as an official site. For that reason alone, it needs to exist. It would be a near atrocity ;) for a band of U2's stature to not have an official website (especially considering their fascination with technology).

That said, the website is sorely lacking. The history section is nice, but incomplete. The news site is usually far behind fan U2 sites, and there is no forum. It was thanks to fan sites that over $15,000 was donated to the African Well Fund for Bono's birthday, not because of U2.com. In terms of information, history, interactions and fund-raising, U2's fan sites (even including the old WIRE posting board, where thousands were raised for charity) have been far superior.

In other words, I like having a magazine and wish that they wouldn't retire Propaganda. But if they must, then U2's management really needs to upgrade their website and include more items.

TheFirstBigW said:

I don't mean to nitpick, but U2.com does actually have its own forum (called "Zootopia"):

LOL! How embarrassing - yes, it does have a forum and once you wrote this I recalled it. However, the fact that I forgot about this forum probably says something... ;)

Still, forum or not, I think for an official site, it needs more. They do thrown in some goodies and that's a start, but I'm just not really a fan of the site. Maybe it's the layout. :scratch:

Well uh hasn't the ATYCLB screensaver technically been out of date since the tour itself ended and that period of U2 ended as well? That was what, back in 2002?

Back
Top Bottom