New Album for Download?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just saw MTV News and they said that the new album will be available for legal download because of the theft that occured by the end of this month.

Also, they will have to put it out sooner than thought in stores.

I think this is great news ...if it's true. :eyebrow:

Anyone know anything else about this? Or think anything of this?

This is just paraphrasing the previous news where Bono told the Telegraph that U2 would release the album on iTunes if it showed up for illegal download and have the hard copy of the album in stores by the end of the month. This is, of course, IF the album shows up online.

Hi my friend:wave: I don?t know, this situation doesn?t seems to be good, since the band is somewhat afraid of release the album sooner than November :( and that?s show us the album is still unfinished, so the stuff is not good enough :sad: otherwise the band wouldn?t be afraid of fans who can put the "Missing CD" on internet several months before official release :ohmy:

I have many questions now about the new album:

1- How many times have U2 being working on this album ?? 2 years, one, three years, months, etc ?? I really don?t know that.

2- Have U2 got a concept for this album ?? Like "Boy", "War", "Pop", or other ones, or just 11 or 12 songs put them togheter to make an album which the band still don?t have a title... 4 months before official release ??? :ohmy:

3- Will U2 create a new wall of sound for this album, like they did with "Unforgettable Fire", "Acthung Baby" and "Pop" ??

4- Will U2 release THE SAME VERSIONS both on Album and Singles ??. Just Remember "Pop", only "Staring At The Sun" was the same !!... by the way, the single versions were clearly superior than album ones, and I remember the band still needed to "finish" the record, so that could happen again with this album :(

5- How many songs U2 will release on this album ?? I really want to have FOR THE FIRST TIME 14 songs, not just 10 or 11 :yes:

If anyone knows some answer pleaseeee put it !!!:wave:

HelloAngel said:
This is just paraphrasing the previous news where Bono told the Telegraph that U2 would release the album on iTunes if it showed up for illegal download and have the hard copy of the album in stores by the end of the month. This is, of course, IF the album shows up online.

exactly.

like i already said, i'm the one who stole the album, and i don't plan on sharing it with any of you.

like neutral, I am not sure how I feel about this either. I am excited for a new album but I would rather wait for the finish project the way that U2 would've wanted it to hit the stores.

I could be totally wrong here, but I don't necessarily get the impression that they're worried about having to release the CD early in an "unfinished state." I have a hunch it would be just as "finished" or polished sounding as it would be in November. I think the bigger deal is that it would prevent them from having the break they wanted before the mass chaos that ensues with an album release. Plus, from a marketing standpoint, November would still probably be a better release date sales-wise.

Why not release whatever gets leaked as exclusive i-Tunes b-versions and then release the "polished" tunes in November?

:scream: :scream:

The music is finished. That is really not that hard to understand is it??? :scratch:

If the lost/stolen cd gets on the net, U2 will release COMPLETED/FINISHED/POLISHED music on I-tunes.

The ONLY reason they wouldn't want to do this is because it speeds up the timeline and fucks up their holidays according to Bono.

All of this information is easily FOUND right here on interference, I don't have a crystal ball ...

I think everyone is going a bit off the deep end here. Deep breaths, in and out, relax. The album will be out sometime in the near future, we will all enjoy it, they will tour, and we'll all enjoy it. End of story.........

Hey, since when did I become the voice of reason and PATIENCE.......:wink:

POPMatt said:
?.but I don't necessarily get the impression that they're worried about having to release the CD early in an "unfinished state." I have a hunch it would be just as "finished" or polished sounding as it would be in November. I think the bigger deal is that it would prevent them from having the break they wanted before the mass chaos that ensues with an album release. Plus, from a marketing standpoint, November would still probably be a better release date sales-wise.

MrBrau1 said:
Fuck marketing. I want music.

I agree with these two!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom