New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this over on @u2. All it says is U2 is playing the UK in August.

https://twitter.com/Seatwave/status/412919057923710976

Who knows if this means anything at all? But U2 did play the UK in August of 87, 93, 97, 01 and 09, so maybe something? This may further suggest stadiums in Europe, due to the summerness of the rumor. Just another brick in the wall of rumors.

I cannot, for the life of me, imagine U2 saying "We want arenas," Live Nation saying "No, you have to do stadiums" and U2 responding "Well, okay then, I guess we have to do stadiums."

obviously its not that clear cut but surley after investing millions into a band there going to have some influence in key decisions like a world tour. They do manage U2 now.

I can't imagine U2 would sign on for the deal if it took away any control over how and when they record and tour.

Is there a downloadable version somewhere or are you just talking about the Soundcloud stream?

Im referring to the stream..

But this is a small victory, given that you have to be a paying member if you want to hear more than a bloody minute of WOWY

I actually heard that Led Zeppelin will be releasing a surprise album to U2.com members only via food network commercial. Tour announcement to follow on twitter.

i'm gonna start two auto-permabans:
- talking about rush outside of a designated rush thread in b&c
- writing super bowl as one word

lest any party poopers think otherwise, of course i'm kidding. they'll just result in me mocking you.

The first single will come out very early in spring.

The new album will come out very early in spring.

If you can figure out what I mean, you get a prize.

I'm surprised this hasn't received a bigger response. Either there's no lead off single (strange) and a "surprise" release or they are only like a week apart.

i'm gonna start two auto-permabans:
- talking about rush outside of a designated rush thread in b&c
- writing super bowl as one word

lest any party poopers think otherwise, of course i'm kidding. they'll just result in me mocking you.

Is it true that the NFL enlisted BrunoMars for halftime only after Rush decided not to play the Superbowl for fear that Motorhead would be hired to play the nationalanthem and blow them off the stage?

Any country that has a bro population of above-average intelligence/below-average social skills will have a sizable Rush fan base.

Ha! True that. They've always been pretty popular with the geek set...writing 10 minute science fiction songs and songs about the space shuttle will do that. Well, that and they're pretty much self-confessed geeks themselves. Yeah, they're definitely not for everyone. :)

Found this over on @u2. All it says is U2 is playing the UK in August.

https://twitter.com/Seatwave/status/412919057923710976

Who knows if this means anything at all? But U2 did play the UK in August of 87, 93, 97, 01 and 09, so maybe something? This may further suggest stadiums in Europe, due to the summerness of the rumor. Just another brick in the wall of rumors.

I'm not an expert on the logistics of concert tours, but wouldn't U2 need to start booking venues fairly soon if they're going to begin a tour sometime in Spring?

....which is a Monday, which would mean the album would be released in America on April Fools' Day. Is that a bad omen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom