New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the single cover art for Invisible:

:lol:

And here's the physical copy of it:
HRl5DkN.jpg

Kanye West is already planning his epic rant about such blatant plagiarism.

I actually like the penguin reference. I think U2 should be replaced by penguins in all official appearances and upcoming videos for the album. Penguins are much cooler than U2 at this stage :rockon:

But for crying out loud, just put your music out there and let people decide for themselves what it sounds like. If the record sounds like punk or trance or techno it should be apparent from listening to it without telling us that months in advance.

It's tough, because this is U2. And U2 is not cool. So how can we hope for them to play it cool? They're like fucking kids with a new toy. "Weell, I can' show it to you quite yet but it kinda does like this...." :cute:

thread over in BAGEL says there's a new Bono interview in Hot Press.. anyone catch a glimpse?

The band, which of course also includes guitarist Edge, bassist Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen Jr., came up with the concept of a collection of songs told partly from the perspective of an innocent and partly from a seasoned veteran

:up:

Told that some fans were still puzzling over how that collaboration would work, Edge, 52, laughed. "I think we're still figuring that out ourselves," he said.
On this December evening the band moved between studio rooms. In one, engineers tried different mixes as Bono sang along and gave notes in equal proportion. In another, Mullen, Edge and several others were tinkering with some rhythms.

They're still on for April/March...right ?

So engineers continued to tinker with Bono's vocal chord-straining falsetto, the sound that has defined him and U2 as far back as albums like "War" and "The Unforgettable Fire." "There's just something about a bloke who sings like a chick," Bono cracked to a reporter. And then practically in the same motion, he turned, took the mike and unleashed another one of those vocals.

Not exciting given his OL and This is falsetto.

Clash and Sex Pistols and Kraftwerk soul and old-school R&B

So it's a complete mess sonically ?

They're still on for April/March...right ?

Clash and Sex Pistols and Kraftwerk soul and old-school R&B

So it's a complete mess sonically ?

you do know how u2 records up until the last minute, right? anybody who thinks the album isn't coming out in the spring just hasn't been paying attention, or is just trolling for the sake of trolling. which im ok with if it's funny. not funny.

who knows if it's a complete mess sonically? can't an album have songs that dabble in different sounds and still be a pretty good album? i don't want every song on the album sounding the same.

Good news: it's already been two months since we got our first sneak preview of Ordinary Love

In two more month we'll be on the cusp of the first single..

puts the wait in perspective

who knows if it's a complete mess sonically? can't an album have songs that dabble in different sounds and still be a pretty good album? i don't want every song on the album sounding the same.

That's the impression I get from some people. That or every song should be of ambient origin. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom