New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather it's this fall or early next year, I hope this is the thread where we get some info. I don't even care when it comes out anymore, I'd just like it if somebody within the band or the management team said something concrete. If it needs more work, SAY SO! If it's coming out soon, LET US KNOW!!!

God save this thread!!! ;)

I think it's important to question whether or not someone called his church and asked about the album, or about the events that happened on here, before anyone goes casting blame on Steve.

I think it's important to question whether or not someone called his church and asked about the album, or about the events that happened on here, before anyone goes casting blame on Steve.

Or even better, what if his church would have told the individual that they heard the album was going to be called "10 Reasons To Exist" :)

We're trying to drive U2 to release the album sooner.

Save Interference, Bono!

:wink:

If the band members should ever come here and see these album threads, I'm afraid they might just give it all up.

10 Reasons to Stop Existing. The last ever U2 album.

Whoever this is:

https://twitter.com/U2_Vision/status/370997852870561793

Says announcement in December, single January, album March.

grains of salt, people.

That's not what I'm hearing, and it doesn't make much sense. Why announce a record in the middle of the shopping season, when no one will care, when everyone is concentrating on the holidays, and thinking about buying things that have, um, actually been released. Then to just repeat NLOTH w/another early year release?

Nah.

^ and a few tweets done he references a "conversation" with an "official source." I don't know who this guy is or what the so-called "source" could be, though. :shrug:

But yeah, a December announcement- when nobody is paying attention- doesn't make sense.

That's not what I'm hearing, and it doesn't make much sense. Why announce a record in the middle of the shopping season, when no one will care, when everyone is concentrating on the holidays, and thinking about buying things that have, um, actually been released. Then to just repeat NLOTH w/another Spring release?

Nah.

granted, I'm not taking the tweet as canon by any means, but your rationale is bizarre. people can't shop and pay attention to the news at the same time? in December, people are 100% honed in on purchasing goods and ignore the world around them?

what doomed** No Line wasn't a spring release. It was just the lack of a big single. Boots was not a good lead single. Magnificent wasn't even a good second single. Crazy Tonight was probably the best bet as commercial success, and by the time it was released, nobody cared.

you can release an album in March and have massive success if it has the songs to resonate. the Joshua Tree was released in March and that seemed to do ok, buoyed by two No. 1 singles in the US -- and the only two they've ever had go No. 1 in the US.

**I use doomed loosely because the album was still massively successful and most bands would be very happy with the sales numbers. But we all know U2 measure success somewhat differently.

well there you go then. it came up on my feed since @u2 retweeted it, obviously didn't bother to dig into them too much.

carry on.

I had a dream the other night that I scored an advance CD copy of the new U2 album. Details I remember:

*Black and white cover photo and black border (how original!) with "U2" in blue and album title in red
*And what was the album title? I have no idea, but it had the letter "a" in it at least twice as well as at least two "k"s. Akkava?
*12 tracks
*Second song was very poppy with a four-on-the-floor dance beat
*Third song had a U2 swear-word record with an s-word and two f-words in the first verse, with numerous uses of "hell" thereafter
*The advance CD copy I got had a misprint on one of the spines... one spine listed U2 and the album title but the other somehow had "Evanescence" printed on it. ?!?

Yeah, a totally strange dream but it was very detailed. And no, I'm not claiming to be a prophet. At the same time, the information above probably has at least as good a chance of being true as some of the other rumors being posted here. :)

I had a dream the other night that I scored an advance CD copy of the new U2 album. Details I remember:

*Black and white cover photo and black border (how original!) with "U2" in blue and album title in red
*And what was the album title? I have no idea, but it had the letter "a" in it at least twice as well as at least two "k"s. Akkava?
*12 tracks
*Second song was very poppy with a four-on-the-floor dance beat
*Third song had a U2 swear-word record with an s-word and two f-words in the first verse, with numerous uses of "hell" thereafter
*The advance CD copy I got had a misprint on one of the spines... one spine listed U2 and the album title but the other somehow had "Evanescence" printed on it. ?!?

Yeah, a totally strange dream but it was very detailed. And no, I'm not claiming to be a prophet. At the same time, the information above probably has at least as good a chance of being true as some of the other rumors being posted here. :)

I want all this to be true.

Before HTDAAB was released, I dreamed about Edge playing banjo, then he did on one of those HQ videos. So there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom