New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a dollar for every "source" that the internet has provided us I just might be able to afford the super deluxe version of 10 Reason to Exist coming out in stores November 12th.

If I had a dollar for every sucker that believed these sources I'd be rich.

If I had a dollar for every "source" that Nick had I could buy U2.:wink:

And do try not to be assholes to each other.

If people would just *think* before they post stuff, OR, back off and not post at all when :angry::mad::madspit: I suppose things would go a lot smoother.

I say that as someone who hopefully has matured with time, in this regard, as I know ive been a total asshole in the past. Of course that works both ways, but anyway.

Hopefully this thread will be the one in which all is revealed and interference breaks out into peace and love and harmony and all that fun shit.
:cocktail::beer::cocktail::beer::beer::grouphug:

slow-loris.jpg

I'm hoping the new album comes in a way no one expects, and all at once. I'm hoping the songs will be gritty, clanging, and soulful...with loud guitars and big songs and amazing lyrics. :hyper:

Vertigo came to radio mid September and HTDAAB was released in November with the tour in March (originally January) so we're right on track

That's not what I'm hearing, and it doesn't make much sense. Why announce a record in the middle of the shopping season, when no one will care, when everyone is concentrating on the holidays, and thinking about buying things that have, um, actually been released. Then to just repeat NLOTH w/another early year release?

Nah.

The internet doesn't cease to be in December. People will find 15 seconds in their busy schedules to read about the new U2 album.

I'm rooting for a March release at this point, and a successful one at that, just to prove the album release cycle is pure bullshit.

Now I'm inclined to think that we are part of a social experiment. Like the "Hunger Games: U2 fans edition"... Who will survive?

It would be nice if the new single was released in a surprise. Like, we turn the radio, open the YouTube, and starts to play an whole new song from U2. And we could be like "WHAAAAAT"?

Back to reality, I still believe in a 2013 release

I was pretty convinced the album was dropping in November. It is just too quiet to believe that now. This blowsssss I wanted some new U2 so f -in badly

I was pretty convinced the album was dropping in November. It is just too quiet to believe that now. This blowsssss I wanted some new U2 so f -in badly

Early Spring 2014 isn't that far off. Plus there are some great artists already releasing albums in the Fall.

Early Spring 2014 isn't that far off. Plus there are some great artists already releasing albums in the Fall.

September is too good. Something would have gotten lost in the shuffle had Larry been right about the date to begin with.

Am I missing something? Nothing has been confirmed it WON'T happen this year yet?

Early Spring 2014 I
sn't that far off. Plus there are some great artists already releasing albums in the Fall.

Am I missing something? Nothing has been confirmed it WON'T happen this year yet?sorry double post

Why has everybody ruled out an October release? I know it might not be customary for U2 to do, but wouldn't it be possible for them to release a single in early-to-mid September and still get the album out in October? Do we really need a month between the first news of the album and the single dropping and then another two months after that until the album is released?

Sure, it might sound ridiculous, but anything is possible. Maybe they'll only give us about a week's notice before the single is released. I think that's more than enough time to get the hype machine going, especially for a band as big as U2.

Just thinking aloud here.

Am I missing something? Nothing has been confirmed it WON'T happen this year yet?

It's all based on the Aug 20th rumor from U2place which is supposed to be from Universal Italy. This is all we've heard in that regard.
According to our source inside the record company Universal Italy the new U2 album definitely will not come out this year. This would seem to confirm another rumor mentioned in the news yesterday that suggests the release in March 2014.

and this was the 'news yesterday' (Aug 19th)

U2's new album will be out before the end of the year.

Supposedly it was a bad translation that said the "news yesterday" confirmed 2014.

Linky dink:
RUMORS: U2's Album & French Concert Plans

It's all based on the Aug 20th rumor from U2place which is supposed to be from Universal Italy. This is all we've heard in that regard.

Supposedly it was a bad translation that said the "news yesterday" confirmed 2014.

Linky dink:

Thanks:up:, ugh I'm starting to lose my confidence that it's out this year

Linky dink:

The last rumour came from Javi Vara, he's part of U2 Valencia and claims he has sources at Universal.
He said he's not 100% sure, but some people told him the album will be announced in december and the single in January, with a new album in March.

Here's the twit in spanish:
@JaviVaraVi:
Siguiendo los pasos de #nloth el disco se anunciaría en diciembre de 2013 para lanzarlo en marzo 2014. A ver que pasa.. #u2newalbum

And then he said this in response to an atU2 answer:
@atu2 personal opinion after conversation with official source, 99% no album in 2013 and I think that will be like #nloth release

The last rumour came from Javi Vara, he's part of U2 Valencia and claims he has sources at Universal.
He said he's not 100% sure, but some people told him the album will be announced in december and the single in January, with a new album in March.

Here's the twit in spanish:
@JaviVaraVi:
Siguiendo los pasos de #nloth el disco se anunciaría en diciembre de 2013 para lanzarlo en marzo 2014. A ver que pasa.. #u2newalbum

And then he said this in response to an atU2 answer:
@atu2 personal opinion after conversation with official source, 99% no album in 2013 and I think that will be like #nloth release

U2 Valencia has had credible stuff before. If you asked me what, I don't remember. But I do recall that they were the one non-English speaking source that I personally remember as solid.

In other words, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom