New Album Discussion (Is Headache Going To The Superbowl?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a crack at the lyrics:

The sea wants to kiss the golden shore
The sunlight warms your skin
All the beauty that's been lost before
Wants to find us again

I can't fight you anymore
It's you I'm fighting for
The sea throws rocks together but time
Gives us polished stones

We can't fall any further and
We can't feel ordinary love
We cannot reach any higher
(If) we can't deal with ordinary love

Birds fly high in the summer sky
And rest on the breeze
The same wind will take care of you and I
And build a house in the trees

Your heart is on my sleeve
Did you put it there with a magic marker?
For years I would believe
That my words can watch us over hate???? (not sure here)

?s where I'm not sure, happy for suggestions?

Had a crack at the lyrics:

The sea wants to kiss the golden shore
The sunlight warms your skin
All the beauty that's been lost before
Wants to find us again

I can't fight you anymore
It's you I'm fighting for
The sea throws rocks together but time
Gives us polished stones

We can't fall any further and
We can't feel ordinary love
We cannot reach any higher
(If) we can't deal with ordinary love

Birds fly high in the summer sky
And rest on the breeze
The same wind will take care of you and I
And build a house in the trees

Your heart is on my sleeve
Did you put it there with a magic marker?
For years I would believe
That my words can watch us over hate???? (not sure here)

?s where I'm not sure, happy for suggestions?

looks good to me but i would add a few of

and it's over now
for ordinary love

after the last chorus

Repost from other thread:

I think it's "leaves us polished stones", "And build our house in the trees"
and "That my words could/couldn't wash it away".

Also, maybe it's 'words fly high in the summer sky' - I think it fits the theme better.

Disappointing to you or is this a blanket statement for us all? As personally think it's a pretty catchy tune that serves as a soundtrack song very well, but yes they should go all strange and experimental for a song that plays over the end credits of a movie.
I don't talk for others. You like the song, well good for you :up: To me, it's completely forgettable. I'm not quite positive about the next album, not because of this throwaway song, just because of their disappointing post NLOTH output (or actually disappointing post millenium output in general). Or should I add some IMO behind every sentence?

Is the quality good enough to comment on production?

(serious question; I'm not going to listen until the actual thing is released because I have little patience for beach clips or iPhone-in-movie-theater recordings)

The quality is way better than previous beach clips. The drums are very audible, the guitar isn't that much, but it's hard to say anything reasonable about the production.

Is the quality good enough to comment on production?

(serious question; I'm not going to listen until the actual thing is released because I have little patience for beach clips or iPhone-in-movie-theater recordings)

No its not good enough quality to make any real judgements on, however being this is interference, id expect a full backlash to commence against the song/production/lyrics, etc.

I don't talk for others. You like the song, well good for you :up: To me, it's completely forgettable. I'm not quite positive about the next album, not because of this throwaway song, just because of their disappointing post NLOTH output (or actually disappointing post millenium output in general). Or should I add some IMO behind every sentence?

What post NLOTH output? There hasn't been any!!

It shouldn't be a big deal for people to say they like it or don't like it - I mean, clearly you can hear it well enough to realize if it's something you like or not - but it seems ridiculous to talk specifics or nuances regarding the sound and production.

It shouldn't be a big deal for people to say they like it or don't like it - I mean, clearly you can hear it well enough to realize if it's something you like or not - but it seems ridiculous to talk specifics or nuances regarding the sound and production.

I am more concerned people saying they will base their excitement on the new album with how this song sounds, it is a typical soundtrack no more no less

Yeah, true. Wasn't there someone note-worthy (like Neil McCormick, or Jimmy Iovine or someone of that ilk) who had heard the album and said on Twitter something about how fans shouldn't assume this song was indicative of the album?

Does anyone else remember that?

So, my take on this is that it is an outtake of the album sessions - something musically they deemed either not good enough, or out of step with the rest of the album - as such they developed it for the soundtrack.

I quite like the tune as it sounds now, something a bit different, interesting for U2 with the drums etc, and the lyrics are a massive step in the right direction after NLOTH.

The biggest improvement for mine is in how clean and tight it sounds - very polished, but in a good way. Regardless of 'liking' or 'dislikin' the tune for what it is, I think there is enough to suggest that there is at least a fair development of the sound since NLOTH, and potentially a fresh outlook altogether.

Yeah, true. Wasn't there someone note-worthy (like Neil McCormick, or Jimmy Iovine or someone of that ilk) who had heard the album and said on Twitter something about how fans shouldn't assume this song was indicative of the album?

Does anyone else remember that?

Dave Fanning I recall. Maybe I'm wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom