New Album Discussion: Electric Lady Studios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new album will feature a video with the band members each dressing as different versions of Santa. Adam will be classy Santa, Edge will be nerdy Santa, Lardy will be angry Santa, and Bono will be perverted Santa.

After months of waiting, the giant cock has finally crowed at first light. He blows his load into the morning air with all the subtlety of a freight train whistle in the middle of the night.

All of the chickens are running scared. Earth shaking rattle pauses for cracks in the ground below, sand slipping away to infinity. Not to be outdone, a massive hole in the sky above provides suction enough to drain ponds and strip dirt from underneath the growing grass.

After the violence has subsided, the cup lays empty, but the soul is drenched with floating eternal bliss.

Seems like we've all been here before, beating our heads on the walls inside of the old cave, bleeding hieroglyphics until the song in the air matches the ones in our eyes.

think alternative, think brave, but don't flush twice. Please don't be the oxymoron sitting on the wrong egg.

After months of waiting, the giant cock has finally crowed at first light. He blows his load into the morning air with all the subtlety of a freight train whistle in the middle of the night.

All of the chickens are running scared. Earth shaking rattle pauses for cracks in the ground below, sand slipping away to infinity. Not to be outdone, a massive hole in the sky above provides suction enough to drain ponds and strip dirt from underneath the growing grass.

After the violence has subsided, the cup lays empty, but the soul is drenched with floating eternal bliss.

Seems like we've all been here before, beating our heads on the walls inside of the old cave, bleeding hieroglyphics until the song in the air matches the ones in our eyes.

think alternative, think brave, but don't flush twice. Please don't be the oxymoron sitting on the wrong egg.

:applaud: Wow, that is SO poetic!

I was so excited all weekend with all of the Electric Lady news....and then...nothing. What a teaser! We still don't have any concrete information.

I like how Billboard and RS use news that our favorite fansites and fans themselves found out before them. This makes me wonder how much news we used to think was concrete from these same outlets before the internet was prevalent was actual concrete news. And I swear to all that is holy, if ONE MORE article talks about the possible title being Ten Reasons to Exist, so help me god....

It'll be really funny if the album actually ends up being titled Ten Reasons to Exist.

As I expected, the "confirmation" by Adam isn't a new story, instead they recyled quotes from an old interview :huh:

It's a bit annoying that music sites and media have no clue but instead take information from fan sites and turn it into "news".

I believe we'll get an album this year, but the only real news I'll believe in is an official band statement or a statement by their record label.

Or by Adam's hair which has been suspiciously quiet recently.

I dont think there's anything to worry about. The album will come out this year. I think we're just a little too used to delays and therefore always expect it. If they missed the window for this year it would mean NEXT November and having to start touring in 2015 which is highly unlikely.
We know the album is at the mixing stage so it should be fully mixed and mastered by September, ready for a November release. We also have multiple sources telling us the album is coming this year. Just dont expect an official announcement for at least another 6 weeks.
I'm confident in it being released this year. I would almost bet my left nut on it.

haven't been following this release closely. Has there been official confirmation the album is at the mixing stage, or is this based on rumors as well?

someone at the atu2 boards claims U2 are talking album art with artist Jose Parla

José Parlá

could we be looking at something like this for a cover?

header1.jpg

Well, it's a bit of colour, at least. I'm getting pretty tired of nothing but black-and-white photography for all of U2's album covers and liner notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom