New Album Discussion: Electric Lady Studios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we get some answers whether an album will be out later this year or not. We all need some new U2 NOW!!!!!!!!! :hyper::rockon:

I'm probably reading too much into this but if Edge brought about 4 guitars into the studio, and only used an acoustic for this video shoot, maybe they also did some recording with the other guitars?

Aren't they done recording if Danger Mouse is mixing ?

I saw my good buddy Dallas Schoo today. He said the new U2 album has a different mix. Some pop and rock. Tweet from Adrienne Wenner.

Different mix ? I thought no one did any mixing until now -- or is Mouse unhappy with the earlier mix(es) ?

TROYSEMOTIONS.gif

Crikey. Is this what it was like around here in the months before the last record? I understand the excitement, but what's with the live-and-die by the Tweets hysteria?

It's happening. If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come—the readiness is all.

I don't remember it being this bad, but I'm not about to go look. :uhoh:

Anyway last time the band themselves kept us informed a little bit with the updates from the studio, so it was altogether different.

I saw my good buddy Dallas Schoo today. He said the new U2 album has a different mix. Some pop and rock. Tweet from Adrienne Wenner.

Different mix ? I thought no one did any mixing until now -- or is Mouse unhappy with the earlier mix(es) ?

I think you're getting hung up on the word mix here.

When Schoo is talking about different mix of some pop and rock, I think he's talking about how the songs sound themselves, not the mixing of it in a literal sense.

Danger Mouse is in the process of mixing the album, which has a mixture of rock and pop songs.

When Schoo is talking about different mix of some pop and rock, I think he's talking about how the songs sound themselves, not the mixing of it in a literal sense.

Danger Mouse is in the process of mixing the album, which has a mixture of rock and pop songs.

Fuck me if that shouldn't have been patently fucking obvious. :lol: :banghead:

i interpret "different mix" simply as a combination of different vibes, different sounds...

Maybe blenders are an influence.

Calling it now, we're getting a shoegaze album.

I think they merged two worlds that day.. Since they would be in the studio doing whatever they are doing with DM (regarding the new album), they asked CHris Martin (bleh. I don't like him. Even before that fiasco they did with Brasil) to join them and record they charity SBS stuff. I mean, since they were all there together...

But I really think they were doing something with the new album as well. I don't know about the time frame in the studios... They spent too much time in there? How much time before CM arrives?

Well, I'm kinda cool with the album... For me, it could be an 2014 release, which would give me time to get some money, LOL

I hope we start getting more official info in the next month or so. Even some vague U2.com videos like we had last time would be nice. :up: But it's good to know that the whole band has been in a studio together lately and that they are in the mixing process. :happy:

Agreed on the mix of rock and pop songs on the album, that was my take on "rock and pop" bit too. (much like a U2 album anyway).
I thought Dallas was referring to DM when he said the album has a "new mix" though.

even if he were referring to the mixing process, a mother tongue Anglophone wouldn't say "the album has a new mix" in that sense - it's clunky

It's happening. If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come—the readiness is all.

Okay, Nick- major points for a graceful Hamlet reference. Cheers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/U2log/status/341209964980862977

Seems U2 are finishing up at Electric Lady studios. Not sure what it means, but i think it's more likely they're taking a break/moving to a different studio in another city or country (NLOTH was recorded and mixed in London, NYC, and i think LA too), rather than having completely finished recording/mixing. What do you guys think?

Also, people are tweeting they saw Iovine having dinner with U2 in Harlem last night... guess we're at that stage where they find out if they 'need more hits' :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom