New Album & Book In Fall '06???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwolins1

The Fly
I heard this on 95.5 WPLJ in New York City at around 11:30pm on December 31 before the New Year. And the DJ was doing a concert and rock report. Mentioned Billy Joel, that Peter Gabriel was considering reuniting with Genesis, etc...

He also said that U2 was working on a new album and book to be released in Fall of 2006. It was quick but I think he said the book would be called U2 & I or something like that. Am I nuts??? Did anyone here this anywhere??? My jaw instantly dropped.

Just found this rumor mentioned also http://www.atu2.com/newalbum/

Last edited:
Well, I know they are working on an autobiographical book, actually called U2 by U2, with pal Neil McCormick. Was supposed to be out in 2006, but I believe it's been pushed back a year because they have been too busy to work on it with the tour and all.

Yeah, it was U2 by U2. I heard it so quickly like in the game telephone, just trying to relay as much as I recalled. Good info nonetheless.

babyman said:
Please, don't talk of a new U2 album until 2010................................

:(

Does that mean you won't be purchasing the new one until then? We were just discussing what was said on a big NYC radio station. Not from a rumor mill.

rwolins1 said:
U2 was working on a new album and book to be released in Fall of 2006.

i think its more of:

u2 is working on a new album.........and a book thats going to be released in the fall

just the book in fall 06, not the album, the album is more 20xx

It's only going to come down to one thing the balance between Bono's part time and full time jobs. I thought he might take a step back after July 2005 but this doesn't look to be the case.

I think the new album will be out around 2007 or possibly 2008. They'll disappear from the scene, and then make a grand entrance AGAIN! :wink:

Pop Artist said:
Well, I know they are working on an autobiographical book, actually called U2 by U2, with pal Neil McCormick. Was supposed to be out in 2006, but I believe it's been pushed back a year because they have been too busy to work on it with the tour and all.

I think you meant it was supposed to be out in 2005.

"U2 by U2" was supposed to be released in September 2005. Despite rumors that it was pushed back due to the tour--and despite a press release from the band on the publisher's website---Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble still had it listed as "ships in 2-3 days" after the proposed release date. Suckers like me bought it on the off-chance that it was coming out.....and then got their money returned by Amazon. It's now due in September 2006.

My guess is that with an autobiographical book, as well as the Milan DVD, they're going to stagger their releases over AT LEAST a year or two, if not more....with the new album being last. :shrug:

I've worked in radio.
DJs are more clueless than FOX news anchors.
Don't trust stuff just because it is on the airwaves.

2008, earliest.
their touring until the end of the summer, aren't they? no chance their releasing in 2006. keep your fingers crossed for 2007.

I hate to be a downer, but do we know what they mean by "working on it"?

They could just mean that someone accidentally recorded Larry tapping his fingers on a pole at soundcheck. That would also explain the 'experimental' vibes.

It could be a quick album release like Zooropa. :shrug: Let's face it, they know they're getting older and they've got a great buzz going now. Who knows.

I'd like to see a book written by BONO... just about a bunch of random stuff, like his views on religion, politics and whatnot. Also some CRAZY tour stories and maybe a little stuff about his homelife... THAT would be interesting.

theu2fly said:
I think the new album will be out around 2007 or possibly 2008. They'll disappear from the scene, and then make a grand entrance AGAIN! :wink:

It's the truth! This is almost like a formula for these people to build up demand for their product. If they weren't so cute, I'd be out of here!!!! HaHa!

Yah some people are tossing around the year 2010, but I think if Bono keeps saying over and over that they are onto something and are getting on it, something's got to be ready by '07

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything before early 08. If it happens before that, then it'll be a pleasant surprise. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom