New album - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:41 AM
i think people say they're in trilogies surely for convenience!

nowadays it doesn't really work since the last two albums admittedly sound very different but back in the 80's it seems to work to an extent [boy/october/war], though I'm not sure about Rattle and Hum sitting with Unforgettable Fire/The Joshua Tree.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

finally someone else who thinks the trilogy theory is BS
Glad I'm not the only one. The only things I read here lately are "they'll complete the trilogy with the new album" and "The new album will be 2006 a la Zooropa!" Both of which are BS.

And I even fail to see much resemblence between Boy/October/War. Boy sounded like 80's new wave with a bit of punk, October was Edge w/ his landscape echo sounds (so if anything October sounds more like JT to me) and War sounds like 4 pissed off Irish guys rockin' out.

I do see the connection between UF and JT though.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 08:41 AM
The trilogy theory is not meant to imply that the albums in each trilogy sound the same. The trilogies simply separate the major changes in U2's career. War>TUF was a huge change for them. R&H>Achtung Baby was another huge change. Pop>ATYCLB was the third huge change of there career. Whether by coincidence or not, between each of these changes there are 3 studio albums. That's not to say that all of the albums within the trilogies sound the same because they don't. But they are not drastic, career altering changes like the ones mentioned before.

So it is only natural for people to expect one more album without any DRASTIC changes and then for U2 to go in a completely different direction after that. They, of course are under no obligation to do this. That is just the pattern they have set.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlem
The trilogy theory is not meant to imply that the albums in each trilogy sound the same. The trilogies simply separate the major changes in U2's career. War>TUF was a huge change for them. R&H>Achtung Baby was another huge change. Pop>ATYCLB was the third huge change of there career. Whether by coincidence or not, between each of these changes there are 3 studio albums. That's not to say that all of the albums within the trilogies sound the same because they don't. But they are not drastic, career altering changes like the ones mentioned before.

So it is only natural for people to expect one more album without any DRASTIC changes and then for U2 to go in a completely different direction after that. They, of course are under no obligation to do this. That is just the pattern they have set.
well said.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote from Bono in this months Q Magazine - "we'll make a new U2 album in 2006. I want to serve these men"

Old 12-22-2005, 08:08 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Quote from Bono in this months Q Magazine - "we'll make a new U2 album in 2006. I want to serve these men"

Just because they start making the new album doesn't mean they'll finish in 2006. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just don't realistically see an album in 2006 happening.