Never Played Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
October:
Stranger In A Strange Land

War:
Drowning Man (although a snippet was done)
Refugee
Red Light

Unf. Fire:
Promenade
4th of July (PA music was played, but not live)
Elvis Presley And America

Joshua Tree:
Red Hill Mining Town (only played at a soundcheck)

Rattle and Hum:
Heartland

Achtung Baby:
Acrobat (only done in rehearsals)

Zooropa:
Some Days Are Better Than Others
The Wanderer
The First Time (snippet done only)

POP:
Playboy Mansion

ATYCLB:
When I Look At The World (only tacked onto the end of Bad, 1 time, KC)
Grace (PA only)
Peace On Earth (full band version only done in soundcheck)

Thats off the top of my head. There may be more

Last edited:
The Playboy Mansion was played at least once during the earlier stages of PopMart. I read about it a while ago

Danospano said:
The Playboy Mansion was played at least once during the earlier stages of PopMart. I read about it a while ago

Nope, Bono only sang a snippet at the end of Streets on the first leg. They did rehearse the full band version but it was never played

here's what i found:

october:
stranger in a strange land
is that all

war:
drowning man
the refugee
red light

the unforgettable fire:
promenade
4th of july
elvis presley and america

the joshua tree:
red hill mining town

rattle and hum:
heartland

achtung baby:
acrobat

zooropa:
some days are better than others
the wanderer

pop:
the playboy mansion

all that you can't leave behind:
grace
peace on earth

i also have a list of b-sides but those don't count. :)

I also want to add:

Zooropa:
The First Time

During the Zooropa tour Bono sang a snippet of the song at the end of Bad, but never the full version.

C ya!

Marty

Wow, I think I had everything right off except "Is That All?"
Although technically instrumentally it has been played many times (The Cry ;) )

As far as B sides it would probebly be easier to list the ones they have played rather than the ones they have not.

These are the B-sides that I know for sure they played:

A Celebration
Boy/Girl
She's a mystery to me
Sattelite of Love
Spanish eyes
Sweetest Thing
Touch
Treasure (Pete Chop)
Holy Joe
Slow Dancing
Unchained Melody
Two Shots of Happy (snippet)

NOT SURE IF THESE ARE REALLY B-Sides:
Party Girl
Miss Sarajevo

Could be more??

SkeeK said:
So Cruel was only played as a snippet.

Actually at the 9-9-92 Detroit show Bono sang the entire song playing his guitar acoustically. So IMO that counts.

He also did the entire first verse and chorus at the 8-22-92 Foxboro show and the 9-15-92 Chicago show. So that is more than a snippet as well IMO.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

Actually at the 9-9-92 Detroit show Bono sang the entire song playing his guitar acoustically. So IMO that counts.

He also did the entire first verse and chorus at the 8-22-92 Foxboro show and the 9-15-92 Chicago show. So that is more than a snippet as well IMO.

Eek! Really? Ah, so the U2 Encyclopedia is wrong. As far as I can remember, the book mentioned that So Cruel is the only track off AB that's never been played live. :(

Oh, what I'd do to hear it live with the strings and all.:love:

dizzy said:

Eek! Really? Ah, so the U2 Encyclopedia is wrong. As far as I can remember, the book mentioned that So Cruel is the only track off AB that's never been played live. :(

Oh, what I'd do to hear it live with the strings and all.:love:

Wow, I havent read this book but it is completely wrong. First off with So Cruel and secondly, Acrobat has never been played live in concert. Acrobat was rehearsed only.

They may not have known about the Detroit performance all the way through as a bootleg of the entire show has never surfaced. I was there, and I can confirm he sang So Cruel all the way through.

Last edited:
Wow.. the entire song, and it's not on bootleg? well well well.

actually, they never have played treasure live, just pete the chop. :)

and party girl would count as a b-side since its initial release was the b-side for "a celebration."

i can't think of any others at the moment, though.

Blue Room said:

Wow, I havent read this book but it is completely wrong. First off with So Cruel and secondly, Acrobat has never been played live in concert. Acrobat was rehearsed only.

They may not have known about the Detroit performance all the way through as a bootleg of the entire show has never surfaced. I was there, and I can confirm he sang So Cruel all the way through.

Oops, wrong info, I gave. The encyclopedia actually claims that it's Acrobat that's never been played live, not So Cruel. Just the same though, they're wrong. :tsk: I unearthed my bootlegs last night and found the live version of Acrobat.

dizzy said:

Oops, wrong info, I gave. The encyclopedia actually claims that it's Acrobat that's never been played live, not So Cruel. Just the same though, they're wrong. :tsk: I unearthed my bootlegs last night and found the live version of Acrobat.

Actually, no, Acrobat has never been played live in concert. What you have is a copy of the rehearsals for the Outside Broadcast. They have never played Acrobat in front of an audience (other than their crew).

Back
Top Bottom