Never Let Me Go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Wow. What an incredibly beautiful song. It just made me really emotional all of a sudden. eee aye.

Same thing happened to me with "Running to Stand Still" last night...Listened to it for the first time in ages and I just had to play it again...SO powerful...

Sorry, that was o/t...But yeah, Never Let Me Go is a great song!

You take a stranger by the hand
A man who doesn't understand
His wildest dreams

You walk across the dirty sand
And offer him an ocean
Of what he's never seen

Maybe I was blind
Or I, I might have closed my eyes
Maybe I was dumb
But what I forgot to say
If you didn't know
Is never let me go

Never let me go
Never let me go
Never let me go

You run from love and don't believe
Unless it catches you by the heel
That even then, you struggle

From red I learned to cross the strand
Your footprints still there in the sand
Everything else, washed away

I may not be alone
Oh I, I may have found my home
I may have lost my way
But what I forgot to say
If you didn't know
Is never let me go

Never let me go
Never let me go

Beautifully written words indeed. The song appears to be almost autobiographical in nature...with many references to movement on Bono's part again. He appears to be running from a lover, or maybe even from the broken dreams of a mother taken from a son so young, a yearning in his heart for love to never let him go. A reminder of the longing in one's heart to stand still and feel love's embrace, but difficult when a still stronger yearning in this same heart longs to be in the slipstream of life that takes him away from the very love he seeks.

Chris

Last edited:
It's unlike any song U2 has ever done.

The whole MDH sountrack is great to listen to before I go to bed. Not saying it's boring but it's just very soothing.

I love the MDH soundtrack. Well, the better parts of it (the parts that don't have Milla Jovovich coughing up hairballs).

typhoon said:
I love the MDH soundtrack. Well, the better parts of it (the parts that don't have Milla Jovovich coughing up hairballs).

:laugh:
:laugh:

I couldnt agree more... I love this soundtrack, one of the few movir soundtracks I have where I actually listen to the entire thing the entire way through.

typhoon said:

I know! blah!! I actually re-burned a custom copy of the soundtrack and left out the Milla tracks. My dad said that she reminds him of Yoko Ono. I've never heard Yoko, but if she's anything like Milla, I don't think I'm missing much. :barf:

I really love this song as well. Some of the lyrics are a little perplexing though (but that's what's so great about Bono's lyrics). For instance, I've always wondered what "from red I learned to cross the strand" means. And then he says "I may have found my home" and in the next breath "I may have lost my way"....he sort of contradicts himself.

Basstrap said:
FALLING AT YOUR FEET :drool: :drool:

Ooh! Love that song as well! :happy:

Yeah...Milla Jovovich doing Satelitte of Love starts out okay, but then she does that weird raspy screaming thing and my ears start to bleed...

I am one of seven people in the entire world who really like Milla's cover, even with the raspy coughing and stuff. i didn't like it at first, but now i think it's cool. It's interesting to note that Milla has a solo album on which she sings rather well with no rasping or screaming whatsoever.

MDH soundtrack is great! I don't care for Milla's voice at all, but besides those tracks this soundtrack is amazing! Great songs that are written beautifully! I like this cd.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom