Neon Lights Appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I for one, just got my Vertigo singles today, (i posted a review of them here somewhere on EYNIW) and this is the first time I've heard either of the two b-sides (Neon Lights and AYGWF) and I must say, this cover really surprised me. It's just so relaxing and sweet. AYGWF on the other hand just kicks ass! What does eveyone else think about this fine track?

Beautiful song. I love the scratch guitar with the delay on the background, very, very nice with the piano too. Great production, I really like those little sounds this song has. Bono's voice and Adam's bass are really good too. I didn't liked this cover at first now I think it might be their best one. :up:

Lancemc said:

yeah, used to be Macphistojr. I think we've chatted before back in the good Ole' days.

I remember you. Are you still using that name on another forum? I could have sworn I saw it just the other day but I can't remember what forum it was.

Do you have Neon Lights on your comp yet?

namkcuR said:

I remember you. Are you still using that name on another forum? I could have sworn I saw it just the other day but I can't remember what forum it was.

Do you have Neon Lights on your comp yet?

Yeah, I acctually use it on atu2.com and u2star.com as well as the REM forum murmurs.com

And yeah, I'll send you that song in just a second.

boosterjuice said:
Is the vertigo single "neon lights" version the same as the one that was leaked 5 weeks ago?

i wish i new, I never downloaded that leak.

boosterjuice said:
Is the vertigo single "neon lights" version the same as the one that was leaked 5 weeks ago?
I'm wondering the same thing... Could someone post it so we can compare (and enjoy)? :wink:

just listening to the song again. It sounds like it could have come from Passengers or the Million Dollar hotel soundtrack. I just that's because it IS a Kraftwerk song, but u2 have done it so beautifully.

Wow, I love this song. It's so peaceful and relaxing and night-time-ish. Thank you to Kraftwork for writing it and U2 for making such a kickass cover of it. And thank YOU for sending it to me :wink:

namkcuR said:
Wow, I love this song. It's so peaceful and relaxing and night-time-ish. Thank you to Kraftwork for writing it and U2 for making such a kickass cover of it. And thank YOU for sending it to me :wink:

you are certianly welcome. :wink: do you have Are you Gonna Wait Forever or would you like that too?

I had that before the album even leaked. Another kickass song! Really a lot of achtung-era b-side style guitar there - think lady with a spinning head, where did it all go wrong, etc.

namkcuR said:
I had that before the album even leaked. Another kickass song! Really a lot of achtung-era b-side style guitar there - think lady with a spinning head, where did it all go wrong, etc.

I have to agree, that song really does bring back that Achtung vibe, mixed with an ATYCLB feel (it was an ATYCLB leftover after all). Looks like the boys already gave us two very memorable b-side from this album.

Can someone who has heard both the 5 week old leak of NEON lights AND the new b-side version verify whether or not there are differences?

boosterjuice said:
Can someone who has heard both the 5 week old leak of NEON lights AND the new b-side version verify whether or not there are differences?

I would like to know too. :)

And were the Vertigo remix on this single?

I haven't heard either, but why would it be any different? I'm heading over to my import music store in a few to see if they have any Vertigo singles. If no one has answered the question, and I come across one I will post to question posed.

Back
Top Bottom