Need opinion on the better segue-way to Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goincommando

The Fly
I'm making a "Best of Live" playlist for my iPod, and can't make up my mind between too transistions. The first being PopMart transistion of Please into Streets, and the other being All I Want Is You to Streets from Slane. I'm totally on the fence with this one, need your opinions to sway my opinion. Thanks.

I'd also like to add in the Bad/40-Streets transistion. I'd like your opinion for these 3 possible choices, but if you have a better suggestion, go for it.

Running to Stand Still

but. . . i know Vertigo tour's Pride/Streets gets a lot of shit, and most of the time it's not very good, but i remember listening to a couple of boots where the transition was magic for some reason (maybe Bono's speech, or the timing of the backing track or whatever). it's not better than Bad or AIWIY, but still great, when it's great.

For sheer musical transitional brilliance (on which even a muscial dimwit ex of mine commented "how can they go from one song to another like that?) it has to be please to Streets. If for no other reason than this, it means you get please live in yer mix!!

Please into Streets

The Disciple said:
Please.

But on the next tour, Please should b followed by City of Blinding Lights.

City of Blinding light into The Unforgettable Fire or vice versa

definately Please or Running to Stand Still...the RTSS is very haunting in the transition...especially when watching it. The way the orange smoke envelopes Bono and the B-stage with the strobe light action...It's fucking awesome...

Please and Streets are meant to be played together as well//

Out of the two, I'd go with All I Want Is You. Sheer emotion and raw, powerful vocals that would send shivers down anyone's spine. :drool:

Since Streets is the best opener ever, any of the segue choices will fall short...though RTSS & Please are both nice. Notice no one's in on Pride>Streets, hmm... :)

Back
Top Bottom