Need Bono quote from early AB era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rivergoat

War Child
Well, guess I can ask for help in here too... }: )~

I seem to remember a news-flash thingy on MTV a while back (right after AB came out) where Bono talked about the new direction U2 were taking with Achtung, Baby! and that if fans of older U2 (pre-AB) didn't like it, that U2 didn't need them anyways. I remember alot of people got pissed when he said it, but I don't think he ever retracted it. Anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about?

Thanks... goat

}: )~

The way I heard it was, if the 'pop kids' didn't like it he didn't need them. I don't remember him dissing us older fans, if he did he shouldn't have. We were his fan base, we were who made them:|

if he did indeed say that, it probably wasn't Bono talking, but rather The Fly persona.really getting into character

I know the interview, and it was The Fly talking. But I can't remember what interview it was, or the exact quote.

U2Kitten said:
The way I heard it was, if the 'pop kids' didn't like it he didn't need them. I don't remember him dissing us older fans, if he did he shouldn't have. We were his fan base, we were who made them:|

He didn't. He said something about U2's longtime fans getting the music and what U2 was doing. He also said something about the new fans, the "pop kids" hating it, but that they didn't need them, anyway.

Cool, thanks y'all... I have a hard time remembering conversations I had yesterday, guess I just don't remember something I saw over ten years ago either...

}: )~

Back
Top Bottom