Need advice about GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BOCAGATOR

The Fly
I need some advice about GA.

1. What time do they let you in?

2. Do you have to stay in the same spot all day or do they give out numbers and tell you to line up at a certain time?

3.What if you want to go get a beer or something? Do you just lose your spot?

I have friends coming for the Miami show but they dont want GA. I need to know if I can hang with them once I get my number or I have to stay in the same xact spot all day.

Originally posted by BOCAGATOR:
I need some advice about GA.

1. What time do they let you in?

2. Do you have to stay in the same spot all day or do they give out numbers and tell you to line up at a certain time?

3.What if you want to go get a beer or something? Do you just lose your spot?

I have friends coming for the Miami show but they dont want GA. I need to know if I can hang with them once I get my number or I have to stay in the same xact spot all day.

LMAO you must really be a 'virgin'!

1. six o'clock tic toc

2. The numbers are given out by a group of fans not the venue and you are on your honor.You get there when you get there, the earlier the better spot you get.

3. You can leave for brief periods of time IF you have someone in line who is willing to save your space for you in exchange for you saving theirs when they go.

4. If you are not in line near your friends, say they are #50 and you are #100 and people see you moving up and hanging out they will likely accuse you of cutting and get sore at you. Of course visiting from time to time is okay and happens all the time, just don't plan on sticking with them the entire day.

Bring something soft to sit on or you will likely suffer greatly. Be prepared to put all your crap back in your vehicle before going inside.

Good luck, unless you're ahead of me
wink.gif

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

Yep. I have never been in GA.Just trying to get my friends to do GA with me.They dont want to do the GA thing.Realistically if I showed up at 4 pm where would I end up?

Realistic? Not good. I mean anyone not there by 8 or 9 AM in most cities will not make the heart. Early in the first leg people got there that late and got good spots outside the heart but now the word is out about GA and you will be far back on the floor, almost as far back as if you didn't come until 6. If you aren't going to come early just stay home and rest because you will be out of the good spots inside and outside the heart. I have heard that the back of the floor is not a bad spot, there is less pushing and more room and if you aren't one of those people who just have to be near the band you will like it and get a good show.

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

Originally posted by BOCAGATOR:
Yep. I have never been in GA.Just trying to get my friends to do GA with me.They dont want to do the GA thing.Realistically if I showed up at 4 pm where would I end up?

During the early part of the first leg, i would say that you could possibly end up in the heart. but as this tour has progressed, people have been getting there earlier and earlier. Like at the vegas show this last weekend the first person in line got there about 4 days before the show. Crazy Huh?!?
And the heart was probably full around 10 or 11am the day of the show. You'd probably be #400-450 if you got there at 4:00pm. That's my guess.

Hope that helps. Just basing it on the shows i've been to. As i said, the fans have been lining up much earlier on these later shows than the earlier ones. But then again, these final eight shows haven't been selling as quick as the prior 93 shows.

murlio

I am going to get there around 4, I'll take my chances...

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

Back
Top Bottom