NBC employee in NYC gets anthrax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's getting seriously scary now. I hope these are just isolated scares, but the fact that they have all been people within the media bothers me a bit.

------------------
Change is the only constant

My only thought is it's been, if I remember right, 25 years since a case of human anthrax has come up in the US and now in the past few weeks there's been 4 cases??? It sounds very suspicious to me.

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Scary!

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I know the FBI is being cautious in labeling this a terrorist event, but this seems highly likely to be at least related to sept. 11, whether its just some guy inspired by those events, or further terrorist attacks.. i just don't see that any of this would have happened, if the atmosphere wasn't the way it is now.

Edited some typo's

[This message has been edited by Skeksis (edited 10-12-2001).]

acutally the skin kind that this woman was infected with occurs around 20 times a year. its not the same as the kind they Florida-- that was an inhaled version.

But supposedly the Defense Dept. found some manmade anthrax in Kajikistan [near Afghanistan kids]

And it seems to be targeting media outlets which makes me worried because I work for a newspaper. argh! this is getting annoying.

Originally posted by sharky:

And it seems to be targeting media outlets which makes me worried because I work for a newspaper. argh! this is getting annoying.

VERY annoying, sharky! i hope that your newspaper doesn't get targeted... jeez, 6 weeks ago, who would've thought that we would be having these conversations? it's insane.

Be safe, everyone!

Unfortunately, I think it will be-- I work for the Wall St. Journal which, of course, reports on American capitalism which terrorists don't like. The good news is that we aren't working at our normal offices because we can't get in there after the WTC attacks. So no one really has our new address at this point. But who knows what will happen. have you been able to get out of quarentine yet Ally?

Back
Top Bottom