Native Son is U2's Best song EVER!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
native son isnt even a fraction as good as vertigo even though its really the same song.

sorry.

The beat in Vertigo may be a little more up tempo, but the only reason native son wasn't on the album was that some of the lyric could be considered racist. Vertigo was completely neutral.

sorry, its illegal. But you can get it on itunes. Its really worth it. Its definitely got some of Elevation, Until the End of the World, and Mofo in it. I think it might have sprung from Helter Skelter, but that could be stretching it a little.

I am not into Native son really,, I prefer Vertigo. But i will give it a few more spins, and get back to you :wink:

I like how Native Son seems to have more going on. It keeps me interested. I think they could combine the two songs for one Amazing song.

I hope all the frenetic guitar work in the out-takes (or at least tunes in the same style) makes it into the next album, I think it would be an ideal shift in sound..I'd really like U2 to do their "Ramones" album, lots of energy, catchy riffs, zero bullshit.

that would be great! Tell me if the chords in Native Sun sound similar to those of Crumbs on your Table, or am I just hearing things.

When I listen to "Native Son", I never pay attention to the lyrics. The guitar work in this song is the one that fascinates me the most. It beat out "Vertigo" that's for sure.

dragon. The guitar is awsome. I am happy to see that you agree with me. However, listening to the lyrics, i can see where Bono would not want to continue with the project. Maybe it put him in a state of dizziness, so he renamed the song Vertigo. Did they make a video for Native Son. That would be interesting.

Native Son is much better. The lyrics are infinitely better. My guess is that either U2 themselves or someone in the U2 circle decided that the NS lyrics were too much, and they replaced them with nonsense lyric that is Vertigo.

Those people that don´t have it, post your email and I will send u an email "describing it".

I don't know if there is a video. Native Son WOULD be on the top 40 for just as long. Everything is basically the same, except NS is a little more rocking at the beginning, and the lyrics flow better. It is also on a topic which is more understandable than Vertigo. I mean, UNO DOS TRES CATORCE. Thats some weird stuff, though it is a classic i might add. The song was made for Native Son, and should have been kept Native Son.

Nope,,, I still prefer Vertigo.. Native son has some great moments, but all in all its not as good as Vertigo.. TO ME !!!!,, Just my opinion, remember that :wink:

And i know its NOT !!!:lol: Kidding

BTW,, I do think the middle part of the song is much better in Native Son. If you know which part i mean,, MUCH more rocking. and i like that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom