Native Son better than Vertigo, Xanax better than Fast Cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lrcllb

The Fly
I've only heard the 30sec clips in Itunes but these already sound better than the album version.

1) Do you agree?

2) Can s.one with the full versions of Native Son and Xanax please e-mail them to me at: lrcollins54@hotmail.com

I'd have to agree, they certainly match Bono's hype about their album sounding like a dragon/rock and roll on venus/monster guitars/ etc,etc....and certainly avant garde and far from safe. Sounds very much like Chris Thomas's style.

I like Xanax & White better than FC. However, Native Son isn't as good as Vertigo. (in my opinion)

I reckon it would be a bigger hit than vertigo..vertigo is mainstreaming it, but if u2 went with native then it would be a better album

well you just crystalised my argument, with only a 30 second clip Native son sounds better

put out a call for the full version- who can purchase it via itunes since i'm in oz

I want to know what U2 were thinking with Fast Cars? Xanax is soooo much better in that 30 sec clip. I can't stand Fast Cars, just dumb to make it the 12th track.

In addition, I think Yahweh (alt) sounds better... and Native Son sounds more interesting, but I can understand why U2 went with the pumped up, more commercial Vertigo.

It's just kinda sad, because U2 seemed to make the more commercial/safe choices rather than the most interesting.

On a whole, the album is very good, but not great. STYCMIOYO gives me chills, especially the SNL version

Thanx

Its clear that there is some disagreement here. That is inevitable with most things, and inevitably to be expected when discussing music. Clearly, Vertigo is more commercial-a hand to glove fit for the ipod ads- and in the same vein as other ipod songs.

Native Son however, is a far more interesting subject matter and involves some thinking rather than the 'let go' Vertigo.

Moreover, Xanax is miles ahead of Fast Cars...its great u2, just the name does it for me.

IMO Xanax & Wine is much better than Fast Cars. I still like both of them though. I have the complete track from the itunes box set, not just the 30 second clip.

god dammit. if i could just hear any of this unreleased stuff, i could actually give my opinion.

It is always a little frustrating and disheartenning to discover that some of U2s best ideas and work is left off of every album for more typical radio friendly sounds. Will it ever end? As good as the album is, there are some great ideas that would totally improve these song that have been left behind. I fear the world may never know how truly great they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom