namkcuR's Bomb Awards Round 2 - Voting Underway!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Alright folks, the votes are tallied, including my own ballot, and Round 2 is primed to begin! In this round you will vote for ONE song from the nominees for each category. The nominees for each category are that category's top three vote-getters from the first round. If a category had two songs tied as the #3 vote-getter for the category, both will be admitted and you will choose from 4 instead of 3. That said, the nominees are:

Best Song:

City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Worst Song:

All Because Of You
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer

Most Overrated Song:

All Because Of You
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo

Most Underrated Song:

A Man And A Woman
One Step Closer
Yahweh

Song That Will Improve The Most On Tour:

All Because Of You
Love And Peace Or Else
Miracle Drug
Yahweh

Best Song - Lyric:

Fast Cars
Miracle Drug
One Step Closer

Best Song - Guitar:

All Because Of You
Miracle Drug
Vertigo

Best Song - Vocal:

Miracle Drug
Original Of The Species

Best Song - Bass:

A Man And A Woman
City Of Blinding Lights
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo

Best Song - Drums:

Love And Peace Or Else
Miracle Drug
Vertigo

Most Un-U2 Song:

A Man And A Woman
Fast Cars
Love And Peace Or Else

And there you have it, YOUR nominees for the 2005 Bomb Awards. You will vote for one from the nominees from each category. As with last time, send your ballots to JrasU2@hotmail.com. To be extra clear, this is an example of what your ballot should look like:

User - [Interference Username]

Category - [Category 1 Name]

Song

Category - [Category 2 Name]

Song

etc etc

Voting starts NOW, 6PM Friday night, and the polls will close at 6PM on Sunday night. I will tally the votes, and the final results will be posted on Monday or Tuesday. Let the voting begin!!

Sent my submissions.........although we all know what track will win Best Song........and unfortunately, it's not the one that I voted for....

BigMacPhisto said:
Sent my submissions.........although we all know what track will win Best Song........and unfortunately, it's not the one that I voted for....

i don't know...perhaps an upset is on the cards??:eyebrow:

Sent. I'm surprised that Original of the Species is not in the Worst Song category.

worst lyrics on the album: smiling crying celebrity...:madspit:

unnamed_streets said:
Sent. I'm surprised that Original of the Species is not in the Worst Song category.

worst lyrics on the album: smiling crying celebrity...:madspit:

Celerity, actually.

Axver said:

Celerity, actually.

You're still going on about that eh? Being that the lyrics say celebrity, and bono clearly says "celebrity" on the album, the Brooklyn Park bootleg, and most clearly on the acoustic performance at the unveiling of the U2 Ipod, I'd say it's undoubtedly celebrity. Also, bono likes reminding people he's a celebrity (read his speaches), so it makes sense.

ImOuttaControl said:

You're still going on about that eh? Being that the lyrics say celebrity, and bono clearly says "celebrity" on the album, the Brooklyn Park bootleg, and most clearly on the acoustic performance at the unveiling of the U2 Ipod, I'd say it's undoubtedly celebrity. Also, bono likes reminding people he's a celebrity (read his speaches), so it makes sense.

You're imagining a 'b' in the Brooklyn Bridge gig. That is so 'celerity' it's not funny. Bono completely fails to pronounce any kind of 'b' there.

Haven't listened to the iPod unveiling in ages, though. But 'celerity' makes more sense than 'celebrity' as 'smiling' and 'crying' are actions while 'celebrity' is not.

Axver said:

You're imagining a 'b' in the Brooklyn Bridge gig. That is so 'celerity' it's not funny. Bono completely fails to pronounce any kind of 'b' there.

Haven't listened to the iPod unveiling in ages, though. But 'celerity' makes more sense than 'celebrity' as 'smiling' and 'crying' are actions while 'celebrity' is not.

I won't hijack this thread...you had a thread about this a while back didn't you? I'll try to find it and tell you you're wrong there instead of here. :wink:

it's definitly celebrity, all the lyric sites/book says it is, in addition to hearing the b.

and yes, it makes sense not to be too good at celebrity, not getting hung up in everything with the glitz and the glamor and whatnot

Yahweh said:
i voted waiting to see the results

I forgot to announce the end of voting yesterday...that is my fault, and as such voting is extended until 3:30 PM today...that is, you have one hour and 3 minutes left. I will tally the votes and post them later today or tomorrow(more likely today).

Back
Top Bottom