Mysterious Ways- Best Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^yeah, IMO you shouldn't get a song too much out of its time...look what happened to elevation during the vertigo tour:|

achtung_girl said:
^yeah, IMO you shouldn't get a song too much out of its time...look what happened to elevation during the vertigo tour:|

That's funny, I liked Elevation a lot more during the Vertigo Tour than the Elevation Tour.

actually the crowd goes insane when elevation is played, so I think elevation is a good thing :)

the song builds up nicely, and the crowd waits for that EL- E-VA-TION! and then that big boom and the entire band, along with the entire place goes nuts....I like it. But I do think it does much more for the band live than it does being on ATYCLB...that song might be a skipper for some :p

I have to agree with some here Irving Plaza is goooooooood!

My own personal preference is at the MSG where he shook his bum infront of my and picked Sara from the pit.

Jdelbove said:
This is the best preformance I think somone else mentioned it. Music sounds great Bono's vocals are great easpecily towards the end after Edge's solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzkTBlqHohE&feature=related

I think this preformance will be part of U23D and it is a great representation of how good U2 is. Great preformance

I was there... and really, after seeing the video... meh

look at the girl around the first or second minute... she's BORED, bacause THAT show, the 2nd one, was BORING... and the videos doesn't help

the only good thing (a funny onw, that is) is when Edge makes the solo and walks around like a drunk man :wink:

I heard once to HOUSTON 92... THAT was unbelievable...

I don't understand why people like anything better than Zoo TV. It was by far Bono's best vocals on the live track (that can't really be disputed).

Also, his guitar tone was much better, although that can be disputed a little bit.

there's a version from the zoo tv tour where bono screams wildly during some parts and then starts panting after the song is over then goes on about being how he wouldn't be much a soccer player.. or was that before the song. anyway, i really like that version.

david said:
there's a version from the zoo tv tour where bono screams wildly during some parts and then starts panting after the song is over then goes on about being how he wouldn't be much a soccer player.. or was that before the song. anyway, i really like that version.

I believe it's Rotterdam 92 version you're talkin' about, mentioned before. At the begin of the song Bono says that He don't know much about a soccer players... and in the middle of the song after "I'll buy you roses...." part he makes very high scream, :drool: He goes mad in this version,

Last edited:
Jdelbove said:
Im gonna go with most of the Vertigo versions the song was realy revived. Realy worked with Bono's voice at the end love after the guitar solos his combination of - she will move me nows and oooooooohhhooohhhooooooos and moooooooooovvvves u know what I mean lol loved that stuff.

The Vertigo Japan preformances were excellent

i'm a HUGE fan of this song, and as such, must disagree. i thought that on this tour in particular the vocals were limited, edge wasn't as into it, and in general it felt like they were pumping it out every night as a "must do/greatest hits song" , rather than really getting into it and funky like the other tours.

jmo.

Last edited:
Imo, Houston is THE best. It sets the standard for sure.

I like anything from Zoo. I think those were the defining versions not only because that's the era MW came out during, but also because they had Morleigh or Christina dancing, so it made them have to extend the versions...make'em longer. There were more drawn out solos from Edge, the band basically jamming during the last part of the song seemed to be frequent, and it always feels to me like I can hear in his voice that Bono is really (excuse the term) getting off on singing to the ladies! :wink:

Mel

PS And of course, I can't pretend I don't love the 11-10-97 Tampa version...but then, I'm a bit bias! :sexywink: :whistle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDngQi51GJA

He sang "It's Raining Men" and added a verse of "I Can't Stand the Rain" for the version that night. And in my mind, I always felt the fact that his voice was reminiscent of the Zoo era had something to do with the fact that he had a Bellydancer again...:giggle: Of course that's probably all in my head!:coocoo::shrug:

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
I don't understand why people like anything better than Zoo TV. It was by far Bono's best vocals on the live track (that can't really be disputed).

Also, his guitar tone was much better, although that can be disputed a little bit.

Good live songs should be improving as time goes on (the first tour's version shouldn't be the definite version), and this is true of most songs off AB including MW.

I think Zoo TV always gets a biased view here.

im going to say it again.
album version is the best!
bono can not re-do those vocals live!
he does not even come close,especially now that his voice is
all raspy(chain smokers come to mind)
same with WOWY.

Back
Top Bottom