Mysterious distance between Bono & Ali

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shawn Bonneau said:
Bono and Ali are madly in love I am sure. However, I noticed Monday that Bono arrived two vans in front of the car Ali was in. Why as Ali not in the van Bono was in?

I know she's refused to sign autographs or take pictures in the past, so maybe because Bono usually stops to get out and she doesn't want to? And if she has kids w/ her, she won't want them sitting in the car being yelled at or photographed.

Shawn Bonneau said:
Bono and Ali are madly in love I am sure. However, I noticed Monday that Bono arrived two vans in front of the car Ali was in. Why as Ali not in the van Bono was in?

SMB

So what, who cares anyway? They caravan from their hotel or from the airport, the band is close like family....people pour into vehicles, doesn't matter that kids are with appropriate parents or husbands are with wives in the same vehicle....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I know she's refused to sign autographs or take pictures in the past, so maybe because Bono usually stops to get out and she doesn't want to? And if she has kids w/ her, she won't want them sitting in the car being yelled at or photographed.

:yes: :up: that's probably one reason why. Or that just could be how they ended up in the cars :shrug: I think that Ali really values and tries to keep her privacy, and I think that's cool.

Bono, like I, was born in early May. I'm sure that he has the same sense of commitment that I do, or at least similar. It's okay to flirt and stuff, but when it comes down to it, I think he's show the traditional stability and security that Taurus would want/need.

A man and a woman is one of my favorite songs, and I can relate to it a lot. I would assume that in affairs of the heart - love and such - Bman is serious.

However, I think he is an awesome example of a rockstar who has a long and good marriage. I'm sure that his success as a PERSON is due to this.

I would be very surprised if Bono ever divorced Ali, or anything like that. With certain people, (or even, ideally...), their bonds grow stronger over time. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Bman and Ali are.

Of course, I've no idea, I'm just guessing.
But.....

Something tells me Bono and Ali will be together for.... forever, perhaps.

I think all star-sign stuff is a load of rubbish, you are who you want to be and that's that.

I think it's a bit nosy to discuss their personal life, it's thier buisness, not ours.

david said:
I think they're quite a happy and comfortable couple.

I don't know how they did it though considering the fact that throughout most of their marriage Bono was always on the road.

But he married his highschool sweet heart and has had many kids with her and they've established a life and they seem like they genuinly love and admire each other.

Aint love the sweetest thing?

:yes:

I think Bono's just exceedingly friendly. And European versions of 'flirting' are vastly different from the more puritan american ideal of a relationship.
Ali probably doesn't give a rat's behind if he flirts with women. Or does whatever, as long as he doesn't cross whatever line they've set up -- why get upset?

"U2 at the End of The World" has some great insights from Bono on his relationship w/ Ali and how they've made it work all these years...

I can't believe that book is ten years old now.

Back
Top Bottom