my worst case scenario: tell me yours!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybersyd

The Fly
this is my own worst case scenario:

1) a 2004-2005 winter release;:madspit:

2) the retouching of some songs resulting in a mellowing and cooling down of the "sonic temperature" of the whole... ...it's rather difficult to achieve a rough sound when the postproduction never ends... ...maybe, in order to recapture that rough feel they'll decide to put all the final mix in Edge's Boss Overdrive! :ohmy:

3) "American prayer" on it (the versions I listened to are good on a charity record or only as b-sides).

4) 4-5 great songs, all the others ones fillers.

5) only 10 songs :sad:

6) "All because of you" and "Native son" and all the rockier stuff never appear (ala "Bulldozer" on ATYCLB) because not fitting theever evolving "sonic landscape". :mad: :mad: :mad:

7) "Punk rock in Venus" changes in "Muzak in United Colours of Plutonium" :huh:

oh, are you kidding?

that's exactly the way it's gonna go down.

My worst case scenario? That Larry has been missing in the Arctic for the last two months and the boys are trying to cover it up until they find him. Because without Larry - No Tour. Oh sure, they could release the album in Larry's absence. Covering up Larry missing while they did press wouldn't be a problem, "Larry's ill." or "Larry hates you." or "Larry's in Italy...doing Italian press...with the Italians." All that is fine and dandy. But when it comes to going out on the road, they have no Larry!

And I mean, c'mon, sure...they could get a Larry-lookalike. But Larry did something very brilliant before the start of the last tour that very little of you know about. He trademarked The Wince(tm). You know The Wince (tm). He makes it when he hits the drums really hard. That's The Wince (tm). So even if they did get a lookalike who could play the drums, we would know it wasn't Larry cos he wasn't wincing, and if he did The Wince (tm) $450 would go to Larry's estate. So Larry would really be the only one making money on the tour.

So my worst case scenario? Larry missing in the Arctic.

That and the album not really being a raw rock and roll record.

My worst-case scenario is the band can't agree on anything and will soon decide to pitch the album entirely and break up - without even doing one last farewell tour. :scream:

I don't REALLY believe the situation is that dire, but I to me that would be the worst thing that could happen - especially since i've never seen them live.

Earth exploding tomorrow, thus pushing the release date back about a couple billion years as we wait for some rock floating in space somewhere to develop a form of life that will eventually evolve into a sort of hopefully humanoid species which will, after several million years, develop a form of musc. This will bring about fans, which of course, will demand swifter releases if they are indeed part of a capatilistic government. One group will become legendary for their form of entertainment, but will start to become lazier about their duties as their careers drag on, thus causing their newest CD to eventually become plauged with rumors.

That or Bono losing his voice.

my worst-case scenario:

they do another lukewarm album...hopefully not!
otherwise they should call it quits.

i wanna have a real rocker with balls !

My worst case scenario: people keep on harping on about stuff that's not going to happen, even AFTER the album is released.

The album is a flop (does even worse than POP in sales), the band does a really short tour and calls it quits.

Back
Top Bottom