My very own redemption songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Something I feel like sharing...After a long period of hard times and turmoil in my life, a period where songs like So Cruel, Please and Stuck in a Moment seemed to fit perfectly, now it seems that a new time has arisen on the horizon for me, a time when I feel like listening to If God Will Send His Angels, Peace on Earth, and mainly Grace, songs about peace and belief. They have been my new theme, songs with a sort of healing power over me. I?m aware nothing has been solved for good, I know things might get out of control again, but I also know that God has helped. I?m living some peaceful times and nothing better than peace. Now and forever.

I was wondering if a similar thing has happened to you, nice fellows out there, I mean, if you has ever felt like changing your U2 themes acording to your very own situation in life and what were those ones for you. Maybe it?s obvious, make it?s a silly question, anyways I?d like to know of you.

:)

It was definitely "Kite" during the fall when I saw U2 just a few days after my best friend died suddenly. It was one of the hardest songs for me to connect with when the record first came out, but then when I was in the midst of dealing with exactly what the song is about, it was there for me. Very cathartic experience hearing it live again, with the intro Bono began using after his father died. That particular night he added "...but I made my peace with it" and I knew that I would, too.

Lately as I've been returning to my old joyfulgirl self (or, rather, a new and improved version of my old self), I've been grooving to "The Fly." Can't exactly call it a redemption song, but lately I feel like dancing. It's been almost 9 months since my friend died and I feel at peace more often than not, so it's been party time. :)

I agree with you about the healing power of music and about a certain being THE one that speaks to you at the time. We are very very lucky 4 musicians of such a gifted standard have been there, stayed together and are making the journey too.

Beautiful music, it elevates, it soothes, it teaches, it explains , it questions. Ancient and mysterious and wonderful. I have to fly, bye

"...your song is heard here on earth
it spreads among the people.."

If crzy4bono surfs in here. HAPPY BIRTHDAY laura.St Pat's2002!!:D

Back
Top Bottom