My U2 3D Review....not as exciting as I thought!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wasilefsky

The Fly
Last night I went to a free screening at the Arizona Mills Imax. Now I have always been a huge U2 fan, and a huge 3D fan so needless to say I was extremely excited for this, especially reading all the positive reviews.

When the show kicked off, I noticed that the volume was REALLY low. Ok, I figured no big deal, the 3D should be phenominal right?? Well I don't know if I had seats that were at a bad angle or what, but the 3D seemed almost fuzzy the entire time. There might have been 1 or 2 times where I was impressed, but it didn't last for more than a few seconds and as I sat through the show I kept hoping it would get better.

I thought for sure that The Fly was going to be amazing, since people were saying that alone was worth the price of admission. Again, same problems! Yes, this was definitely the highlight as the words & graphics were computer generated and made for some great 3D, but as it would cut back to the band I kept seeing the same fuzziness and immediately was getting frustrated.

After the show, I didn't even wait like people said for Yahweh...I was that dissappointed!! I immediately tracked down a manager and told her that the volume was ridiculously low and to PLEASE turn it up for the opening day.

I am going back tonight for the 5:30 show and I have seats a bit higher up and more center so I'm hoping that will make a huge difference with the 3D. I can't help but wonder if it's just this Imax that has problems, or if it's just me...but my friend expressed similar dissapointment.

A very long time ago in Vegas I saw a 3D Imax show called "Cyberworld," and it was absolutely amazing! The best 3D I have seen to date! But I do remember seeing it again when I got back to AZ and I remember it not being nearly the same. Again, I didn't have good seats for the "Cyberworld," AZ show so I am REALLY crossing my fingers that seating is everything!

Anyway that is just my two cents....does anyone have any feedback regarding seating locations? Did anyone else attend the AZ screening last night, and if so what did you think?

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom