My Sweet Lord in Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calluna

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Out of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck In a Moment, Kite, My Sweet Lord, Angel of Harlem, People Get Ready (with fan), Please (B & E acoustic), Bad / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On, New York, One, Peace On Earth / Walk On

Comments: U2 sings 'My Sweet Lord' in tribute to ex-Beatle George Harrison, who died yesterday of cancer at age 58. A fan is brought on stage to play guitar during 'People Get Ready.'

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Just got an e-mail from @U2 with the news that they played My Sweet Lord...great, another mp3 to track down soon
wink.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Oh my gosh, the Atlanta show was INCREDIBLE!!! I sat in the upper section behind the stage and I was really surprised at how close the band was. Bono mentioned being in Georgia and Atlanta a good 10 times during the concert. He seemed to be in a really humorous mood. Let's see...highlights:

Out of Control was great! The song had a TON of energy and Bono chatted some in the middle of the song about getting a record deal with that song.

My Sweet Lord...U2 did a really good job with this song and I thought it was a nice tribute.

People Get Ready - This is not my favorite song, but Richard, the guy called up to play the guitar, was really excited about being up there. The crowd was going wild. My friend and I saw him after the show and went and shook his hand and told him he did a good job(he was really cute).

I still haven't found what I'm looking for - The crowd was really into this song. Bono talked about being in a church and stuff, and singing along with the entire arena was awesome!

Edge's solo in Bullet the Blue sky was BEYOND WORDS! Definitely THE highlight of the show. He just went off on his guitar and I was completely blown away.

Walk on - This is such a great closer....I love the Hallelujah's. Bono thanked God Almighty and the end of the show. Yes, thank you Lord!

Other notes: Bono kissed some girl during Until the End of the World. It was actually kinda weird and out of place during this song. At the end of Beautiful Day he said drinks on the house and beautiful hangover...it was pretty cute. I guess they had an end of the tour party in Atlanta last night, and they drank a lot.

My concert experience was great. This completely BLEW away the last U2 concert in Atlanta in March. The crowd was really loud and alive. I really actually enjoyed sitting behind the stage. Everytime one of the boys turned around to look at the fans behind them, we all went wild. It was awesome! All my friends said it was definitely one of the highlights of their life so far and I would have to agree. One of my friends said she felt like she was in an awesome worship service, and I would have to agree with that too. On one side I sat next to some guy I didn't know, but that was totally into the concert as much as I was, and that was really nice to have someone sitting next to you singing along to all the songs with you.

As soon as this bootleg is up somewhere...please someone post a link or something. I really want a copy of this concert to cherish. Oh, and I got a t-shirt too
smile.gif

And how the hell do you stop this ringing in your ears when you lay down to go to bed? *Smile* Great show in Atlanta

You dont you enjoy it cuz its a reminder of what a fabulous time you had.

biggrin.gif

That's great they sung a Beatles song. I'm sure they will for the rest of the tour.

Originally posted by rejoicing fan:

Out of Control was great!

WHY THE FOOK DO THEY PLAY THIS SONG AT EVERY SHOW EXCEPT THE ONES I GO TO? Grrrr...

j/k, i'm just ventin' a little bit.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 12-01-2001).]

I too was rear-stage (lower level) and was absolutely blown away. I was in the heart in March, but there was definitely a different type of energy in the building last night. Both shows were great, but there was something special going on last night. Bono came out *full* of energy. Higlights for me: OOC (WOW!), My Sweet Lord, People Get Ready, Bad/WH, POE/Walk On. From our vantage point, we could see Larry's setlist and neither My Sweet Lord nor PGR were on it. Seems that persistance paid for the guy who got to play on PGR. Garbage was really good too. AWESOME!!!

Monkey,
Thanks for taking the time to pay Garbage the respect the deserve. They were awesome and I think they certainly deserved to be recognized. Unfortunately, I had some jerks behind me that were booing and calling them Joan Jett and saying they were a throw back to the 80's and blah blah blah. This was really pissing me and my wife off, also a few others around us, so I was sure to tell them to shut the hell up before U2 took the stage. I don't think they liked me but to hell with them. They were some of those know it alls that had an expert opinion on EVERYTHING and were quick to try to impress the girls next to them with their knowledge of how nobody in the audience could play guitar as well as the guy they had play with them and that they "plant" someone in the audience to do this. ANDDDDD they thought U2 shoulda played all Beatles songs to pay tribute. PULEASEEEEEE sit me by a REAL U2 fan next time!! These wannabes shouldnt be allowed in the arena. Sorry to ramble on, just wanted to agree with you that Garbage certainly was awesome.

[This message has been edited by dangerous&Honest (edited 12-01-2001).]

That was sweet of them to play a George Harrison song.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Originally posted by follower:
Just got an e-mail from @U2 with the news that they played My Sweet Lord...great, another mp3 to track down soon
wink.gif

Oooh, I do want to hear that!

And thanks, rejoicing fan for a great review
smile.gif

I'm so glad they played My Sweet Lord--wish I could have been there, but I would have been crying like a sissy.

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

"All things must pass
All things must pass away"

Peace George

That?s a good question Arun, can someone enlighten us about the Hare Krishna bit?

Laura! I thought Elevation tour had already finished for you
wink.gif
Good to know you had a great time.

Nice review rejoicing fan, thank you very much.
smile.gif

Now where are the mp3s?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Originally posted by rejoicing fan:
Other notes: Bono kissed some girl during Until the End of the World. It was actually kinda weird and out of place during this song.

This show was AWESOME. I'll tell you what happened with the girl... I was at the tip of the heart (with my hand on Bono's stomach holding him up
wink.gif
) while this was going on - the girl had hold of his hand for all she was worth and wouldn't let go. He had gone out off the tip for a bit at the beginning of this song. He was saying let go, let go - then he pulled her onto the stage because she wouldn't let go (she with the spiked heels being drug over all the fans at the tip). I think it messed up the bullfight bit and he was kind of pissed but he came back later and apologized.

What a great show! Much better than first Atlanta.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by follower:
That?s a good question Arun, can someone enlighten us about the Hare Krishna bit?

Laura! I thought Elevation tour had already finished for you
wink.gif
Good to know you had a great time.

He did not do the Hare Krishna, just the Halleluias.

The tour was supposed to be finished for me - then this one popped up... I am hopelessly addicted LOL. But it is officially finished now.
smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Atlanta was just INCREDIBLE! I knew it would be special and I was anticipating a different mood for the show because of George Harrison...and I was right. It was very moving. I, too, was behind the stage on Adam's side and I really enjoyed it from that perspective. Just before the band came onstage, "All You Need Is Love" was played over the system and the whole place was singing along & swaying to it...WOW! I'm still just so unbelievably happy that I was able to go & see them. My post-Elevation blues are not too bad this time cause I know I was lucky to even see them. I agree with all of the highlights mentioned- just incredible! I still can not believe I saw "OUT OF CONTROL"!!!! "BAD" was unbelievable! And when all of the names of the victims of September 11th started to scroll down the walls, I felt so very moved down to the depths of my soul...it really hit hard...I couldn't stop my tears. Not just some great concert- it was a truly, amazing experience.

When I saw U2 at Staples 3, a guy near me knew at least 3 of the people whose names were up during One. That really, really brought September 11 home to me, I was devastated beyond words and yet for the first time Walk On with the Hallelujahs truly made sense.

Back
Top Bottom