My submission to Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
Well, I got the opportunity to say how I felt. I would like some feedback please. What do you think? Let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been a U2 fan for about 12 years. There songs have always had a longing and a hope in them that I have found compelling.

Through the various tours and personas, Bono has always stood out. He has been in my face along with everyone else's. He has inspired me beyond words through his comittment and passion for the causes he supports.

It is rare to see someone on any level get as involved as he does. Not only does he preach, he practices too. His recent journey to Africa is just the most publicized. He has constantly made an effort to make the world a better place (as cliche as that sounds).

Bono you, along with the rest of U2, have challenged me and made me interested in a world where disinterest seems to be the course of action. I care about causes and events that were merely words on a page. You have made a believer out of me.

Thank you for affecting me. Thank you for dreaming out loud. Most of all, thanks for caring enough to be involved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it. I just wanted to let this out here where I know people will really care.

Peace.

I highly commend your show for featuring Bono. He and U2 deserve the full hour even if there is no interview with him. U2 and Bono have done a tremendous amount of good work in the last twenty years to raise awareness and to improve the world according to authentic principles of social justice. Particular attention needs to be paid to his current campaign Jubilee 2000 / DATA organization / AIDS in Africa but let?s not forget his work with singing out against the nuclear arms race and violence in Northern Ireland - Live Aid ? Amnesty International ? Greenpeace ? Artists Against Apartheid - world attention to America?s atrocious involvement in Nicaragua and El Salvador and the plight of the Mothers Of The Disappeared ? gay people with AIDS - the Stop Sellafield campaign against nuclear pollution ? the ZOOTV Tour?s focus on media overload / manipulation / and addiction ? the PopMart Tour?s focus on consumerism / materialism / and hedonism - their support of Chernobyl aid programs ? extensive efforts to pressure a response to the neglected and abandoned people of Sarajevo - etc. I am surprised that he has not been nominated for Nobel Peace Prize though I predict that it will happen in the near future. I believe he has a place alongside Martin Luther King Jr. as among the Christian leaders who have had the most significant positive influence in the world during the late twentieth century.

HeartlandGirl said:
Please excuse my stupidity. Bono/U2 will be on Oprah?

Yea, Bono going on Oprah to talk bout Africa. The show is asking for pple to submit their stories on how Bono or U2 has made them become more involved with helping or with Africa.

Thanks for the info! I just surfed over to oprah.com and saw the submission page. I guess there's no set date for the show yet...still, it's about time she had him on there.

Those are great U2ies, good luck!
You could try to get tickets by calling here:

Reservation Line
Phone: 312- 591-9222
Open: Monday thru Friday, 9am-5pm CT

adamswildhoney said:

Yea, Bono going on Oprah to talk bout Africa. The show is asking for pple to submit their stories on how Bono or U2 has made them become more involved with helping or with Africa.
I could only find the regular forms, where's the one about U2?

ramblin rose said:
Apparently, Friday's show is being taped tomorrow.

Anyone in Chicago going to stake out the studio?

Well...do we know if Bono's actually going to be there? I somehow doubt it because I think if there were going to be an interview, it would have been mentioned. But if someone gets catches word that he's going to be in this fine city, I'm SO there.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I thought it was going to be this Friday, 9/20?

:scratch:

Yes. Please excuse my ignorance. The way they had it worded, I assumed the show was only in the works. I now see it on the weekly line up.

*prepares the VCR*

<---- :coocoo:

Back
Top Bottom