My only worry about the new single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
I am very excited about the new single.

But it worries me that it's not a part of a new album. It seems like singles from soundtracks and greatist hits albums get lost in the mix over time.

Also, those singles are usually very hit or miss. Either it's really big(ex. "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls) or it does nothing(These Are The Times(INXS).

Let's hope this single is really good.

But no matter what, at least it's new U2!!!!

Bonochick said:
Hey, mikal! Nice to see you again! :)

You too Kat!:) I thought I'd give this place one more try.

BTW, does anyone else think the fact that this single will be included on the Best Of album will hurt the single's airplay? Or will it end up being a great marketing technique to get more people to buy the Best Of 90's Collection?

SkeeK said:
My worry about the new single is that it will suck.

I seem to have that disease where I absolutley love everything U2 puts out...
So for me to hate it, it has to really really REALLY suck.

NEW U2! NEW U2 IN A FEW MONTHS!! YAY!!! *does a lil dance* :p

I think the main reason why 'singles from soundtracks and greatist hits albums get lost in the mix over time' is because usually they just aren't that good

I think U2 isn't worried about this though
HMTMKMKM and Sweetest Thing are among the biggest hits they had in the 90's

elevatedsoul2 said:

I seem to have that disease where I absolutley love everything U2 puts out...
So for me to hate it, it has to really really REALLY suck.

NEW U2! NEW U2 IN A FEW MONTHS!! YAY!!! *does a lil dance* :p

Me too. I don't care what it is. I know I'll love it! :happy:

mikal said:

BTW, does anyone else think the fact that this single will be included on the Best Of album will hurt the single's airplay? Or will it end up being a great marketing technique to get more people to buy the Best Of 90's Collection?

I don't think it'll hurt the airplay, as TST is still played on the air today, even among pop stations. And it probably is part of a marketing tecnique to get more people to buy the BO 90's.

But that raises a good question. I'd be interested in knowing how The Sweetest Thing faired in this same vein- being released as a single and then a new cut on the Best Of. (i love how we have people on this board who know all these sorts of things!)

Like Salome said HMTMKMKM was also a big hit.. I think it'll be just fine. :D

I usually never like new u2 singles when they came out . And POP I hated that album when it came out and Discotheque!!! NOw ive grown to :heart: it..my favourite album!...it just takes a wee bit o'time ;)

Ohhh, look who's back! Well hello there!

Well, look at it this way: if we don't like it, we can always say "blah, it was a Best of anyway" and wait for the first single of the new U2 album.

:D

*shrugs* I dunno - i loved Sweetest thing when it represented the first Best of, and considering it's U2, i'd say odds are pretty good i will like the new single.

And hello to you U2ME3 and u2girl!

All is pretty well here! I've been busy with 3 jobs, but I'll still find the time to post here!

You see, I have U2 in my blood! And we have a new single in 2 months!

I guess all those letters I sent Bono asking him to record a new album soon payed off!

I don't think the song will suck, but I don't think we should expect it to be a song as big as Goo Goo Doll's Iris. It will probably be as successful as The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

david said:
I don't think the song will suck, but I don't think we should expect it to be a song as big as Goo Goo Doll's Iris. It will probably be as successful as The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

I should hope a little more successful than that. I mean here in London that song was played a whole lot and got #35 or so on our rock stations top 100 of 2000... but most places it was mostly ignored. I should think it might do a bit more like Sweetest thing.. but who knows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom