My Miami Video - the track from POP ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
This is for all the lovers of Miami out there :)

For my 400th post (gulp!) I’ve decided to upload my Miami video.

I’ve never seen a video for the track Miami – and it’s not listed as a promo either – except for the pseudo video version contained on the Year In Pop documentary with Alan Ginsberg on vocals which, in fact, was my inspiration.

I really liked the way this ‘video’ was edited - even though the majority of images come from the Staring At The Sun video - and thought that it really suited the music of Miami.

So I chopped up the video and cut and pasted it and added extra video snippets from the show and various other clips, but I kept the main idea at its heart.

As I wanted it to be a U2 video, I’ve cut Ginsberg (no offence) and stretched the video at times to achieve a smoother play and I’ve also added the clean original audio version of Miami from POP.

I’ve compressed the final video to a small average quality wmv file (20MB) for file size purposes, but in doing this it has actually enhanced that atmosphere of ‘grittiness’ that compliments the track IMO ;)

So go here and I hope you enjoy it (I had to use because savefile kept crashing!)

http://s4. ysi .com/d.aspx?id=0PDDIDNBJYFKW2L23KCYVMEXZ9

If an actual Miami video does exist then let me know.

Please repost if anybody wants it.

babyman said:
the link doesn't work

It does - copy and paste the link into your browser and put 'you send it' (all one word not spaced like here) instead of the ysi and you'll get there - trust me ;)

Excellent job! :up: I really like how you used the live Popmart footage at the end of the song when the guitar just suddenly explodes.

That was awesome! Great job there! :applaud:

I love how the boys look all gangsta like throughout the video. Suits the song really well. And the 'here comes car chase' riff was excellent of course! And so were the occasional synchronizations of people saying 'Miami' or something similar. You should sell this video to U2 Management and make lots of royalty money! :wink:

thanx U2mixer that video is amazing. i've always been a fan of that cool song MIAMI. your video brings back all the good memories of the POPmart tour. MIAMI during that tour was one of the magic highligts of every gig. especially the 'aching wild palms' on the big POPmart screen...:up:

Thanks for all the positive feedback - Miami fans are the best ;)

tuwie it took me a loooooong time!
I had to record the individual shots then edit them and the longest part was the final mix, but hey anything for Miami - my Mammy.

Glad you lot like it :D

^ The final part is gorgeous, U2mixer, You should propose yourself to shoot a U2 video, mate!
You really captured the essence of my Mammy!
Cool-cool-cool!
:up:

Now, make a video for Gone!

:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom