My incredible night (WOW!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
It all starts off with me over sleeping (surprise, surpirse)...so instead of getting to the GA Hamilton line by 6am, it was more like 10:30am-11:00. Right, but everyone had said, "Just be there by noon, you'll get into the heart."
WRONG! I was around #400! Hamilton set a new record for most number of people in the GA line (at a specific time). Absolutely crazy. But the people there were sooo nice. It's great to finally be in a place where I can say "Hey! Do you have the Extended Dance Remix of Lady With the Spinning Head?" and 20 people will take it out of their bags...I'm home.
Anyways, met Ani, Skeek, Mrs. Edge....think I saw pop_mofo too..and of course, Arun V. Wasn't supposed to get in the heart. SNuck in (long story.) Turns out we would have made it into the heart anyway...the people who were standing in line with us did...*sigh*

The show was INCREDIBLE. Bono was just...well, Bono (I turned around during Beautiful Day to yell at my friend, "I'm in love!"). Adam is sooo cool. Edge is the most talented person on this planet. I have a new appreciation for Larry (in more ways than one).
Cried during Streets. Didn't REALLY want to hear WOWY, unless they sang "Shine like Stars." Bono scanned the audience, smiled, and sang it! The GREATEST moment in the concert!
...Cried during one...they flashed the names of people that died in the September 11th tragedy.

There'a a quote in the program, "U2 with its audience is a culture." It really is. It's an entirely different world. There's such a connection between Bono and the audience. At one point during the show, I just stopped everything--moving, singing, etc. Just to sit there and stare...trying to imprint the moment in my mind forever. I have a new appreciation for U2. I'm offically obsessed. I never wanted to leave that heart. I just wanted to stay behind and stare at the stage where Bono walked. It's an experience I'll NEVER forget. In all honesty, it was the greatest night of my life. The emotion, the passion, the surprises...

Thank you, U2, for meaning so much to me. For giving it all so that some fans might have a little bit of magic to take home with them.

I'm still totally delirious, as I arrived in line at 10 pm on friday night. By 4:30 am, there were 80 people in line!

I'll return with the whole story, but the most important detail is that I GOT LARRY TO GIVE ME ONE OF HIS STICKS!!!

Thanks Sweetest_Thing. I get a buzz from hearing the joy of others.Pleaseeeeeeeee, tell us the long story.I'll bet it was an adventure and a half.Pleassssssse list the now more than one way that you appreciate Larry too
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you had fun musiclover.

MacPhisto's serving wench (lol)

i was like 5 feet to the right of where bono sings new york in front of the screen from. except outside the heart... didnt u say you snuck inside?

i told all my friends that when i have a bad day just to remind me of last night haha

ok, really, i need to write this paper

(oh and if anyone gets back to you regarding any bootlegs, lemme know!!)

~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu

Hehehe, I heard bout that
smile.gif
I didnt see ya after the concert though?? But I guess skeek did...

Can you imagine our suprised, getting there at 4:30 am and being 74 - 80th people in line? that was nuts!

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Hehehe, I heard bout that
smile.gif
I didnt see ya after the concert though?? But I guess skeek did...

Yeah, I was screaming his name, eventually I caught Kevin's attention.
smile.gif

Originally posted by opaltranquility:
my story about yesterday is up on my site http://www.platinumcomplication.com/delirious/u2hamilton.html

forgive it's erratic tone, i wrote it at 1am when i got home from the show haha...

glad to hear i wasnt the only one who cried during one
smile.gif

~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu

Sara--if you were on the barrier 1/2way to the tip on the edge's side...I was right near you!!!

Back
Top Bottom