My first U2 tattoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoBabe40

War Child
OK...this is the picture they drew it from....minus the silouette on the left...goin tomorrow afternoon. Will post pics afterwards....

josh_tree.jpg

what do yas think??

OK..here it is....keep in mind that it's freshly done and looks like a piece of raw meat right now....the swelling and the welts will go down..

tat.jpg

I love it :)

u2granny said:

She's 18. She doesn't need a parent's permission.

You're right...they dont need a parents permission....whcih is why I'd rather bring her to my tattoo guy than have her just go into NYC and have it done........

scan.jpg

That's why I took her to my tattoo gal! By the way, that's a GREAT tattoo. I've never had the nerve to do anything that large.

Last edited:
I think at some point I might get just the silhouette of the Joshua Tree...maybe on my ankle or my upper arm.

One that I'm definitely getting is a silhouette in green of Ireland with my family (Curran) crest in the middle.

I dunno when though. Soon for the Ireland one, maybe even before the end of the summer. The Joshua Tree would be at some point down the road.

u2granny said:
scan.jpg

That's why I took her to my tattoo gal! By the way, that's a GREAT tattoo. I've never had the nerve to do anything that large.

I didnt realize how large it was until they were done...somehow the picture I gave them looked alot smaller...

S'ok tho....I love it!!!

I saw a girl at one of the concerts who had one of those on her chest just above her boob! I like yours, love the color!!

starting to look better now that the swelling has gone down..Ill get another pic in a few days...

:wink: :up: :yes: Fantastic! Looks really cool with the moon with it! thanks for the pic! To Dave C-I think that Tat of Ireland w? family crest in it would be really cool, too! Joe(Forgot what he does for U2!)has a Ireland Tatoo!!

i've been thinking about putting the giant beLIEve thing,with black and red colour,just the way it was on ZOOTV
btw,bonobabe,it's great!

tattoo.jpg

This is what it will be, about 2-3 inches height on my left shoulderblade (similar spot as BonoBabe40's except a little bit more to the right and a little bit lower). And I'm hoping to get an outline along the coast in black too.

I'm gonna get the exact same Joshua Tree (without the sky and moon, just the tree silhouette) probably on my upper arm or my ankle. That's down the road though.

Last edited:
Awesome tattoos, BonoBabe and Sicy :cool:

Jack in the Box - I would really like to get one of those! I've been thinking about it, somewhere on my ankle or shoulder, but never actually went through with it. haha, I want a ZooBaby :drunk: Either that or the name "Fluffy" :der:

Maannn! I've been thinking lately about getting a 2nd tattoo since I am so happy with my first (something Irish/U2-ish) and you guys are making me want it NOW! :wink:

I looked for 3 yrs before I found mine & I waited until I was 30 to have it done, but I've not regretted it once. It's on my right ankle, and it took 1.5 hrs to complete. I think my guy did a great job! (and now, hopefully, my first attempt to post a photo will be successful - here goes!)

33%3A%3C%3A63923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2334%3D963%3D8%

Numbology said:
i've been thinking about putting the giant beLIEve thing,with black and red colour,just the way it was on ZOOTV

I wanted that on my wrist! :up: Be careful with red, though. A lot of times it can come out splotchy. Red is a difficult color to tattoo. :wink:

People, before gettting tattooed, please ask the artist to see a portfolio of thier work and think about it for a long time. this is not directed at anyone in particular, just a good general rule of thumb.
There are soooo many bad tattoos out there, lets not add to that....:|

Back
Top Bottom