My favorite U2 song of all time: "Miami"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
icon16.gif
tongue.gif

mwuhahahahahahahahahahah.....

one of the better songs on POP

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I used to DETEST Miami when I first heard it, but it's the sort of song that grows on you, and now I love it! It's cool!

icon6.gif

------------------
"Keep looking shocked, and move slowly towards the cake" ? Homer Simpson

I'd rather listen to it than Discotheque or Mofo. Not that that's saying a lot.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Possibly one of the most underrated and reviled-for-no-good-reason U2 song. Really groovy and atmospheric and good for chillin'. I love it.
biggrin.gif

Pubster-
As Dave Mason once sang-
"We Just Disagree"

your friend
diamond
wink.gif

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Possibly one of the most underrated and reviled-for-no-good-reason U2 song. Really groovy and atmospheric and good for chillin'. I love it.
biggrin.gif

I agree sula!
smile.gif

Db9, Miami isn't my favorite from U2, I was just trying to get a rise out of people -- but I do like the song.

And scatter, yesiknowyouhatepop.
wink.gif

Originally posted by pub crawler:

And scatter, yesiknowyouhatepop.
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm one of those people who just doesn't get it because it's so heavy and deep
biggrin.gif

But I actually think I might not hate Miami as much as some people who like Pop do! By the way, I think I'm going to pick up Pop and Zooropa really soon. It's time to give them another try, and even if I only like some songs, I have plenty of CDs I can say that about...

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Miami was one of those songs that it took me awhile to notice. I'm just now really getting into it, and it's great. Might have something to do with all the POP nostalgia I've been feeling lately.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I love that spliced up, jagged guitar sound (how did Edge do that?) when Bono just lets loose..."MIAMI!!!" That's one of the coolest noises on the entire album, which is saying a lot.

------------------
The Tempest

Pubster-
Ok so Im glad we got that settled.
What are some of your fav U2 songs?
Name a couple.

diamond
smile.gif

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Ugh...Someone once called "Discotheque" the "worst song EVER!" and that really pissed me off. For me, it's all about the POP lovin'!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

diamond said:
Pubster-
Ok so Im glad we got that settled.
What are some of your fav U2 songs?
Name a couple.

diamond
smile.gif

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Hmmm, well Db9, I'd have to say one of my favorites is Even Better Than the Real Thing. It's a rockin song and it brings me up.

Another would be The Unforgettable Fire. I went on a camping/bicycling trip to Northern California with my friends and made a video of the trip. I used The UF as one of the songs on my soundtrack and it was perfect mood music for the beautiful NoCal scenery I had taped.

How 'bout you?

I think it was a pretty good song live. The guitar-work in their cover of Happiness Is A Warm Gun seems to have evolved from it (amazing what they can do to a song by touring with it, isn't it?).

Back
Top Bottom